FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

Phone automatic restart error

Thanks Meter: 12
 
By link1227, Member on 5th May 2014, 08:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm having an issue. Since I've updated to Kitkat and wicked kk, my phone randomly reboots.

I've tried factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik.

I've even odin the stock rom and started over.

I've formatted the internal and sdcard, and changed sims.

I've also tried changing the Kernel

Someone in another thread stated it may be a bad download, so I downloaded again, which also didn't work.

I'm out of ideas, but it's still happening. Any idea how to fix?

I'm on Wicked rom
 
 
6th May 2014, 02:01 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 3,668
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: external sdcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by link1227

I'm having an issue. Since I've updated to Kitkat and wicked kk, my phone randomly reboots.

I've tried factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik.

I've even odin the stock rom and started over.

I've formatted the internal and sdcard, and changed sims.

I've also tried changing the Kernel

Someone in another thread stated it may be a bad download, so I downloaded again, which also didn't work.

I'm out of ideas, but it's still happening. Any idea how to fix?

I'm on Wicked rom


Have you tried to remove the external sdcard from the phone before
odin flashing the stock Samsung N900T 4.4.2 kitkat firmware/rom and
before rooting the phone and or flashing custom recovery?
(only flash the stock firmware for this test and nothing else.)


If you have not tried that, give it a try and remember to leave the
external sdcard out of the phone for a few hours after oding flashing
the stock rom to see if it still has the rebooting issue.


If your phone no longer reboots itself after trying this it means you
have either a defective external sdcard or you need to format the
sdcard using fat32 format.


Good luck!
Last edited by Misterjunky; 6th May 2014 at 02:03 AM.
6th May 2014, 02:10 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

Have you tried to remove the external sdcard from the phone before
odin flashing the stock Samsung N900T 4.4.2 kitkat firmware/rom and
before rooting the phone and or flashing custom recovery?
(only flash the stock firmware for this test and nothing else.)


If you have not tried that, give it a try and remember to leave the
external sdcard out of the phone for a few hours after oding flashing
the stock rom to see if it still has the rebooting issue.


If your phone no longer reboots itself after trying this it means you
have either a defective external sdcard or you need to format the
sdcard using fat32 format.


Good luck!

thank you.

I've actually tried that too, but still get the error. I never had this problem on the last rom version (4.3)

I don't know. It's a weird error
27th May 2014, 02:04 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Anymore ideas?

Using tapatalk.... can't rep/thank
27th May 2014, 02:16 PM |#5  
icenight89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 742
 
Donate to Me
More
What kernel and governor are you using?, intellidemand in previous builds was known to cause random reboots. Flash a newer kernel, I recommend leankernel 2.5.1
27th May 2014, 07:09 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenight89

What kernel and governor are you using?, intellidemand in previous builds was known to cause random reboots. Flash a newer kernel, I recommend leankernel 2.5.1

I'm using the standard default kk kernel

What's governor?

Using tapatalk.... can't rep/thank
27th May 2014, 08:57 PM |#7  
icenight89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 742
 
Donate to Me
More
Flash a custom recovery and flash the efs-bootloop fix thats available in another thread, it basically wipes your efs.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, you may have to warranty the phone...
27th May 2014, 11:14 PM |#8  
Frank Westlake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 259
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by link1227

I've even odin the stock rom and started over.

If you leave everything stock does it still randomly reboot?

Frank
27th May 2014, 11:18 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenight89

Flash a custom recovery and flash the efs-bootloop fix thats available in another thread, it basically wipes your efs.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, you may have to warranty the phone...

Ok will try. Thanks






Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Westlake

If you leave everything stock does it still randomly reboot?

Frank

I'm not sure
29th May 2014, 10:43 PM |#10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Westlake

If you leave everything stock does it still randomly reboot?

Frank

Ok, I odined a stock rom, and it is still doing it.

I'm pretty sure it's something related to the system partition. Right before it reboots, every system app freezes. I can't use the phone app, settings, wifi stops working, etc.

Oddly though, when I flashed the odin rom, none of the system settings changed. It still has my system the way it was. I tried the format partition in recovery, and that didn't work either. Is there any way to format the /system? as I think that may be the issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank