No registration required

[Q] flashing radio via ruu

OP sheek360

29th May 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55

1,101 posts
I'm on an at&t m8 kangakat ROM and s-off

I flashed the 1.16 radio (CWS 001 method) and I entered all the commands. It takes me to a black HTC screen with a progress bar. Eventually I'm done but after about 15 minutes I'm still on that screen. As soon as I unplug from the PC I instantly find myself in boot loader. Only ruu is an option. So I force reboot by holding the power button.

According to hboot I am most definitely on the newest radio but that black HTC screen puzzles me. Was I supposed to wait longer for it to settle itself or was I supposed to unplug after it flashed?

I then went to recovery and wiped dalvik and cache. The instructions never told me to do it but I did it to be safe.
29th May 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag midland
Thanks Meter: 50

304 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheek360

I'm on an at&t m8 kangakat ROM and s-off

I flashed the 1.16 radio (CWS 001 method) and I entered all the commands. It takes me to a black HTC screen with a progress bar. Eventually I'm done but after about 15 minutes I'm still on that screen. As soon as I unplug from the PC I instantly find myself in boot loader. Only ruu is an option. So I force reboot by holding the power button.

According to hboot I am most definitely on the newest radio but that black HTC screen puzzles me. Was I supposed to wait longer for it to settle itself or was I supposed to unplug after it flashed?

I then went to recovery and wiped dalvik and cache. The instructions never told me to do it but I did it to be safe.

type fastboot reboot
29th May 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbouza1

type fastboot reboot

So I was supposed to type that after it flashed and while I was on that black HTC screen? Instead I unplugged and rebooted by holding the power button for a few. Hboot says I got the new radio too. Should I retry?
30th May 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag midland
Thanks Meter: 50

304 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheek360

So I was supposed to type that after it flashed and while I was on that black HTC screen? Instead I unplugged and rebooted by holding the power button for a few. Hboot says I got the new radio too. Should I retry?

if it went thru thats ok, but when you are done thats the cmd you enter to reboot
The Following User Says Thank You to rbouza1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbouza1

if it went thru thats ok, but when you are done thats the cmd you enter to reboot

Cool thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread