[Completed] SMSC Bluegrass Cellular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dhdenney

Jan 30, 2011
I need the SMSC number for Bluegrass Cellular.

Long story short: I don't have BG but my parents do. My sister and I decided to get my mom a Samsung Galaxy Note II for Mother's Day but BG doesn't offer any of the Notes. I called their customer service and ask if a Verizon phone could be ported to BG. She said Yes!! She made no stipulations about it either, said VZW was actually the only one they could do. Bought the phone, she had it ported, mobile data and voice work fine. SMS can be received but can't send. She ask me to take a look at it. A little fiddling and I took it by the store and they said they'd submit a ticket. In the meantime I researched and deducted that perhaps the SMSC was still VZW and not routing them properly so I simply needed to change the number. So the tech calls me and says he can't do anything, blah blah. I said fine give me the SMSC and I'll try and fix it myself. He says he can't give me that information. I said fine. I called customer service and they won't give it to me either! After three fits and a bad spell, I gave them a head full about how asinine this was. She was basically satisfied that she wasn't going to make it work for me. Don't port devices if you won't support them! All I need is the SMSC number and I think I'm a go. Google is a no go. Boss had a Samsung Galaxy (S3?) on BG and he said I was welcome to take a look. I can't seem to bring the number up with the *#*#4636*#*# (nor reverse pattern at the end).

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
When you port a device from another Carrier, the important thing you need to ensure is that your APN has been re-pointed to the Correct Carrier details of the new Carrier. In this case, you need to get APN Details from your Boss's phone and enter them on the ported phone.

Just so you are aware, APN is Access Poit Name. Without this Messaging may not work correctly. Typically you will see these listed under Settings > More settings > Mobile networks . Do Note Verizon does Lock out the APN settings so you may be required to Root the phone to access these. Please see this thread for more Details.I assume you have see this Wiki as well ?

Last edited:

dhdenney

Jan 30, 2011
Great! I just don't understand why they wouldn't tell me the damn number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhdenney

Jan 30, 2011
I can def root. I have attempted to check apn and you are correct it's locked. So I wouldn't necessarily need the smsc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.