[Q] How to get new language!

Search This thread

Skymidt

Jul 16, 2011
Piracicaba
Hi guys!

Recently i buy this Photon Q 4G LTE Sprint to my wife's birthday. :)

It's a wonderfull device with a nice hardware, but the best is the external keyboard (She likes it, because his old device was Motorola dextr, and she was used to), but we're from brazil and my first difficulty was to find a rom that support drivers without bugs.

So here i was: My first try was MIUI. I unlocked my bootloader, rooted and installed TRWP. Didi Backup, formated and installed MIUI, :good:

First i tryed with Kernell the UFO developed for it, and the device don't boot. After i tryed just the rom, but it has no modem or wifi. So i flashed up the stock rom modem img and worked fine.
But apks like "retrica" doesn't work with it, bringing black photos and others apks made for instragram. I love this rom and i have installed in my Xperia Play. It works perfect, but in this device have a lot of bugs, so i give up.
I know how to use it with bugs, but not my wife. Then i had to try another one.

I downloaded Cyanogenmod CM10.1, CM10.2, CM11 nightly, snapshot. Then after try all "Xt897" roms, i tryed all "moto_msm8960".
I can't get in any of this roms make my wifi or 3G work. I believe that modem is not compatible. Even if i tryed to flashed stock modem after, i still had no signal at all. No IMEI, no MAC Address, nothing. :crying:

This device have few alternative roms, so i decided try to translate the rom with less bugs at all. I picked up the stock rom JellyBeans 4.1.2, but this was my second failure. A language patch is something that you don't find in market, and to disassembly entire rom and work in a translate is something beyond my knowledges. :rolleyes:

So i have an answer to someone that know how to do a fix patch to wifi in cyanogenmod(Specific "cm-11-20140518-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960.zip" ), or someone good in translate rom, or input a language in stocked rom, like The Solutor did in " [Full ICS ROM] Multilanguage/Toggle2g /STK/Tethering" (but the rom he used was 4.0.4 and it have bugs).

I will be grateful for any help. :fingers-crossed:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Hmm, what's the language you want (CM11 already have lots of them - not in the list?), and what WiFi/3G problem are you having? And you also failed to RSD the phone back to stock?
My recommendation is you first sort the RSD thing out and get the phone back to stock 4.1.2, and flash everything from that onwards. Assuming that you don't do anything wrong in the process, you should have no quirks with WiFi/3G.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Try MoreLocale2 for the stock ROM language issues.

As for the CM issues... I agree with Andy, if it works in stock form, it "should" work on CM - at least that has been my experience.

You are clean wiping / factory resetting before or after flashing CM yes? I see you have done this step for MIUI, so I am thinking that you have already done this step...

If you have, can you provide logs from CM if the wiping/RSD'ing doesn't work?

Skymidt

Jul 16, 2011
Piracicaba
Thx for help guys...

AndyYan - The language i need is Portuguese(Brasil) and it has on CM 11 and MIUI.
I did it as you said. I downloaded stock from here:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=3
Rom version: Android 4.1.2 - Blur_Version.98.10.5.XT897.Sprint.en.US)

And flashed by RSD.
Everything ok till here. No errors, nothing wrong. Wifi working as well, and the network.

My MIUI was taken from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2444449 (GSM one).
Cool rom, it has wifi and network, but camera bugs with some apks. For me ok, but not for my wife. So this rom was discarded.

CM i dwonloaded from here: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=moto_msm8960
The last one was: cm-11-20140521-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960.zip (i tryed all of then "XT897" and "moto_msm8960", but none of them could get my network working. No wifi, no IMEI, no MAC, no wifi).
CM was my hope, because it has my language, but in all tries i did the wipe in cache, dalvik, system, factory, even internal memory, before installing, and cache or dalvik after flash. I tried this in all (tried not wiping too) and still has no modem.

After this, just for try, i flashed stock modem "NON-HLOS.bin". Still got no modem in any CM roms.

arrrghhh - i did try "MoreLocale2" for the stock rom, and "Set Locale and Language" (and more). This softwares did a nice job for keyboards and apks, but system stays intact in english. It need to be a real translation for my wife.

My guess is that this issue can be easily solved.
If all JB roms have the same system(at least for "moto_msm8960" processor kind ).
This ROM is generic for Motorola Atrix HD, Electrify M, Photon Q, RAZR HD, and RAZR M right?
Razr HD is a type of phone that came to my country.
Is it possible compile a system from Brasil career stock, for this phone with modem and anything else from my stock rom? Does it will crash my phone?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Please provide logs from the latest build of CM after booting and attempting to engage/connect to wifi.

Skymidt

Jul 16, 2011
Piracicaba
Logs??

Sotty about my doubt, but i don't know what kind of logs do you want(i'm not used to).

Logs from TWRP in instalation?

This is easy. Installation was made with no errors and succesfully.

Does CM made logs itself??

If does, i dont know how to get them. Please send me a link.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Sotty about my doubt, but i don't know what kind of logs do you want(i'm not used to).

Logs from TWRP in instalation?

This is easy. Installation was made with no errors and succesfully.

Does CM made logs itself??

If does, i dont know how to get them. Please send me a link.

CM does create logs. If you're not familiar with them, the easiest way is to use an app from the Play Store... which I'm not sure how you will manage without wifi or mobile data, and I assume you are not familiar with adb.

I can go thru the detail, but it's a bit involved. Perhaps this thread will help you?

Once you know how adb works, there's actually an easier method than using adb logcat to output to a file - there are logs stored in '/data/logger'. So:

Code:
adb root

So you can have the permissions to pull the files, then pull them:

Code:
adb pull /data/logger

Will pull all of the log files to wherever your command prompt is. If you 'cd' (change directory) to your desktop, doing the adb pull will send all the log files to your desktop.

Let me know if you have any questions, good luck.

Skymidt

Jul 16, 2011
Piracicaba
Logs from Adb

Yeap! I'm familiar with ADB!!
(i'm not expert in it, but i already did something with that...)

I don't know exactly what are you lookin for, so i did two logs.

First a complete boot:

Code:
adb reboot system
adb logcat -v long > boot_log.txt

And one for especific modem log from boot

Code:
adb reboot system
adb logcat WifiStateMachine:E *:S -v long > just_wifi_error.txt

(I believe this this won't help u a lot?!)

The first one is the most complete solution for this and have all the boot infos, errors and other things.

If am i wrong please say the correct command to use.

Attachments

• logs.7z
    55.6 KB · Views: 2

Skymidt

Jul 16, 2011
Piracicaba
I forgot something...

In filemanager i can't access internal storage.

It shows /storage/emulated/0, and points to nothing.

If i'm right, this was a well know bug on CM 10.2, which supposedly been fixed in CM 11 right?!

I think that information can help to solve this bug...

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Please try the adb pull command I sent... Those logs are not very helpful, and quite difficult to read.

However, I have a feeling if you use RSD Lite to flash everything back stock, confirm it works, then start with the latest CM, I'd be curious if it works.

Also, someone mentioned they needed to install the CM10.2 snapshot before going to CM11 - or else BT and wifi did not work.

Last edited:

Skymidt

Jul 16, 2011
Piracicaba
Eureca...

That is something that i didn't tried! I'd never flashed CM 10 in first!!!

I'm downloading "cm-10.2-20131102-SNAPSHOT-M1-xt897.zip ".

Fisrt i'll flash stock "Blur_Version.98.10.5.XT897.Sprint.en.US" with RSD.

Then fastboot "logo.bin" (to avoid warning unlocked), and TRWP(my stock have a original recovery that can't install CM. I can edit XML, but to cleanse my conscience i'll let this way).

After i'll install "cm-10.2-20131102-SNAPSHOT-M1-xt897.zip" with TRWP and boot with this one.

Then i'll flash "cm-11-20140526-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960.zip ".

But i'll have to do this at night(it's 12pm here), because i'm working today.

If that don't work i'll pull the log that you said here, but I come back to thank.

Skymidt

Jul 16, 2011
Piracicaba
Same problem

I confess I was hopeful in that case you said to flash first the CM 10.2.

But again failed. I tried two ways:

In both I tried to install the Snapshot CM 10.2, then the CM 11.

There is no way that cell boot with "CM 10.2" in any case. That saty on boot animation for several time(i waited 30 minutos each).

In the first I downgraded to version 4.0.4 stock to see if the modem worked.
After that i flashed CM 10.2 that stood in boot animation, then CM 11 booted without modem signal (no wi-fi, no signal).

I taked the log for that version (attachment named log_4.0.4.7z)

On the second attempt, I used the default stock 4.1.2.
After CM 10.2 which was stucked on boot animation again, then CM 11 again booted without modem signal (no wi-fi, no signal).

I taked the log for that version (attachment named log_4.1.2.7z)

Strange thing happened on both CM 11 boot. When the system's load, it shows a message "The clock stopped". This is strange thing for me.

Attachments

• log_4.0.4.7z
    308.1 KB · Views: 4
  • log_4.1.2.7z
    303.6 KB · Views: 3

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Can you wait for CM10.2 to boot...? There is a fsck process which sometimes takes quite a long time to boot.

Also, for your FC issue - you are clean flashing the ROM everytime? You are doing a factory reset everytime you flash a new ROM?

Edit - looking at your logs, I don't think the fsck is the issue... something is causing the CM10.2 boot to die over and over. Please try clean flashing...

Last edited:

Skymidt

Jul 16, 2011
Piracicaba
I clean everything before.

Yeap. What do you call a clean flashing?

Everytime i flash some ROM, i do factory reset, clean cache and dalvik.
The ROM is flashed on a clean state of the stock one. Is this the clean you are talking about?

CM was taken about 30 minutes to boot, and yet don't load system.
This is why i stop that and flash CM 11 over it.

Is this time bigger than that? How long your cell take to boot this CM 10.2?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Yeap. What do you call a clean flashing?

Everytime i flash some ROM, i do factory reset, clean cache and dalvik.
The ROM is flashed on a clean state of the stock one. Is this the clean you are talking about?

CM was taken about 30 minutes to boot, and yet don't load system.
This is why i stop that and flash CM 11 over it.

Is this time bigger than that? How long your cell take to boot this CM 10.2?

Yes, factory reset == clean flash.

As for the long boot, I'm not sure the fsck is your issue - basically there is a process which runs a disk check, and sometimes this will make the boot take quite longer than usual. I can't say how long, I've never personally experienced the issue.

However, the fact that CM10.2 isn't booting is a little disturbing. I've heard some people report 45-60 mins... can you do me a favor, charge up the phone, and try to let it boot for at least 90 minutes?

If at the 90min mark it still hasn't booted, pull logs and post them.

Thanks.

kabaldan

Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
The logs contain references to apps that are present only in stock firmware.
That means the CM boot is actually not happening in a clean environment (the data wipe/factory reset in TWRP hasn't worked as it should?).

Please try to use OpenRecovery 2.09 instead of TWRP (as OR is the recovery I personally use and watch for possible bugs) to wipe the device and to install CM11 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2211579&page=10

When installing CM in recovery, you will probably also want to install the gapps package - http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Btw., CM11 expects the baseband (modem) and other partitions the be at the 4.1.2 stock level. Experiments with 4.0.4 are useless.

Please post the logs from CM11 boot.
You will need to enable the logger under CM11 by
Code:
su
setprop persist.log.aplogd.enable 1
in Terminal app or ADB shell, it's not enabled on CM11 by default.

Skymidt

Jul 16, 2011
Piracicaba
Links are broken

Hi... My TRWP version is "openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.1-asanti_c.img".

Something is not ok with this one. Sometimes this one format the cache, sometimes not.
I have to do it a lot of times and when i try to format data partition, this just reload the TWRP.

I want to install this one that you said, but those links in the post you sent are broken.

Can you please send me another one?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hi... My TRWP version is "openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.1-asanti_c.img".

Something is not ok with this one. Sometimes this one format the cache, sometimes not.
I have to do it a lot of times and when i try to format data partition, this just reload the TWRP.

I want to install this one that you said, but those links in the post you sent are broken.

Can you please send me another one?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48551561&postcount=75

I'm on an older version of TWRP, and it has never failed me... that's a shame really. I'll try to update and see what's what. In the meantime, flash OpenRecovery I linked above ^^.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing

TWRP 2.6.3.x should also work properly.
@arrrghhh, so you see it's not just me having the "wiping /data reboots the recovery" problem... I've already sold my PQ (might buy a new one in the future), but please do help let this problem be known to whoever's developing TWRP for us :)

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

Skymidt

Jul 16, 2011
Piracicaba
I can't believe it works

Unbelievable! :laugh:

This very simple solution worked for me.
My TRWP did not work right.
He said he had done successfully in cleaning the cache and manufactures, but did not.

I downloaded the link you guys sent me and it worked on the first try.

Not needed before installing CM 10.2. Already installed in the first CM 11, has worked with modem and everything. Now I can configure the GSM network my country and language of the country for my wife (PR-BR).

I want to thank the efforts of user @ AndyYan to respond, the attention given by the user @ Arrrghhh teaching me with patience, and the solution given by the user @ kabaldan. :victory:

You are awesome for this forum. Thanks for everything.

If you still want the log I get, but I think with everything working, you guys should already know the outcome.