FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

How do I keep my TA keys with my Z2 if I unlock the bootloader?

123 posts
Thanks Meter: 27
 
By Uclydde, Senior Member on 30th May 2014, 12:11 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was just looking at how to root the Z2, and I noticed that to root it, you first have to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery, but unlocking the bootloader removes TA keys, so you first have to back them up, but backing them up requires root access. Am I missing something here or is it impossible to keep your TA keys to root?
 
 
30th May 2014, 12:14 AM |#2  
Lostatsea23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Impossible

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
30th May 2014, 12:19 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclydde

I was just looking at how to root the Z2, and I noticed that to root it, you first have to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery, but unlocking the bootloader removes TA keys, so you first have to back them up, but backing them up requires root access. Am I missing something here or is it impossible to keep your TA keys to root?

may be possible down the track but not possible now and highly unlikely in the near future
30th May 2014, 01:20 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Longboat Key
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnblueberry

may be possible down the track but not possible now and highly unlikely in the near future

So...why can other sony devices root without unlocking the bootloader?
30th May 2014, 02:23 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Hudson
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclydde

So...why can other sony devices root without unlocking the bootloader?

root exploits. doomlord is currently trying to finding an exploit in the firmware so we can back up ta keys
The Following User Says Thank You to harrold11237 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 03:28 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Longboat Key
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrold11237

root exploits. doomlord is currently trying to finding an exploit in the firmware so we can back up ta keys

Ah thanks for that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes