FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How do I keep my TA keys with my Z2 if I unlock the bootloader?

30th May 2014, 12:11 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Longboat Key
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
I was just looking at how to root the Z2, and I noticed that to root it, you first have to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery, but unlocking the bootloader removes TA keys, so you first have to back them up, but backing them up requires root access. Am I missing something here or is it impossible to keep your TA keys to root?
 
 
30th May 2014, 12:14 AM |#2  
Lostatsea23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Impossible

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
30th May 2014, 12:19 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclydde

I was just looking at how to root the Z2, and I noticed that to root it, you first have to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery, but unlocking the bootloader removes TA keys, so you first have to back them up, but backing them up requires root access. Am I missing something here or is it impossible to keep your TA keys to root?

may be possible down the track but not possible now and highly unlikely in the near future
30th May 2014, 01:20 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Longboat Key
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnblueberry

may be possible down the track but not possible now and highly unlikely in the near future

So...why can other sony devices root without unlocking the bootloader?
30th May 2014, 02:23 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Hudson
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclydde

So...why can other sony devices root without unlocking the bootloader?

root exploits. doomlord is currently trying to finding an exploit in the firmware so we can back up ta keys
The Following User Says Thank You to harrold11237 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 03:28 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Longboat Key
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrold11237

root exploits. doomlord is currently trying to finding an exploit in the firmware so we can back up ta keys

Ah thanks for that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank