Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Best Bluetooth or Wired Headset (Hands Free Calling)?

OP drftb

22nd May 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Does anyone suggest a BT or wired headset that they use for hands free calling and think is really, really good?

I've used the Plantronics Voyager Legend for a year (always update firmware), but after 3 months of use on the LG G2 I'm ready to ditch it. Bad on business calls. People say I'm tinny, my voice cuts in/out, and also (showstopper) it randomly drops calls.

Appreciate any suggestions (based on experience/use) out there...particularly for business use...
Last edited by drftb; 23rd May 2014 at 06:38 AM.
23rd May 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 307

723 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftb

Does anyone suggest a BT headset that they use for hands free calling and think is really, really good?

I've used the Plantronics Voyager Legend for a year (always update firmware), but after 3 months of use on the LG G2 I'm ready to ditch it. Bad on business calls. People say I'm tinny, my voice cuts in/out, and also (showstopper) it randomly drops calls.

Appreciate any suggestions (based on experience/use) out there...

Blue Parrott B250-XT+. Simply the best for business calls. BTW, It looks horrible... You can't have it all...

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to alex72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex72

Blue Parrott B250-XT+. Simply the best for business calls. BTW, It looks horrible... You can't have it all...

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Wow, I'd feel like I just walked out of the orthodontist wearing that thing. I may order one and give it a shot!

How about best wired options? Do you know of any? I may as well compare wired if I'm going to get a beast like this.
25th May 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
I've been enjoying using the LG Tone+ HSB-730 Bluetooth headset. Great battery life, range, and ergonomics. It's also the little things like being able to put on/take off a shirt while still listening that make these awesome. I've always used wired sets before but now I'm completely over with untangling wires and wearing out the cable near the headphone jack.

If you're going to get these here's a word of caution: there are plenty of fakes sold by Amazon's 3rd party retailers so be sure to get one shipped from Amazon itself. Search YouTube and Amazon customer comments for 'LG Tone+ fake' to know what's real.
The Following User Says Thank You to thephatness For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #5  
Flag Franklin MA
Thanks Meter: 68

282 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephatness

I've been enjoying using the LG Tone+ HSB-730 Bluetooth headset. Great battery life, range, and ergonomics. It's also the little things like being able to put on/take off a shirt while still listening that make these awesome. I've always used wired sets before but now I'm completely over with untangling wires and wearing out the cable near the headphone jack.

If you're going to get these here's a word of caution: there are plenty of fakes sold by Amazon's 3rd party retailers so be sure to get one shipped from Amazon itself. Search YouTube and Amazon customer comments for 'LG Tone+ fake' to know what's real.

+1 (I have the original LG Tone HSB-700 and paired with Viper4Android put all my wired buds to shame.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Xsoldier2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #6  
Orange County
Thanks Meter: 20

79 posts
More
I have the Tone Ultra and these are awesome. They have great battery life, JBL Speakers and noise cancelling.
The Following User Says Thank You to RyanEJ25 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread