[Q] samsung galaxy tab 4 7.0 root

Search This thread

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Ive factory resetted and not going to use it. I can not get it to switch to SuperSU and SuperSu's binary (tried to let SuperSU install/update the binary and it wont. just sits their spinning). From everything Ive tried seems to be locking me into using the vroot su and binary and whatever the hell it is its installing on data/app. Ive swapped out binaries and superuser apks, but as soon as I uninstall and their stuff, I lose root access. So looks like they are locking you into using their stuff without the possibility of switching to su of your choice afterwards.....Could be wrong tho...And only reason I can think of being forced to use their stuff....aint good haha Could be wrong but until someone finds a way I can swap in ChainFires SuperSU files and not lose root, I aint using it. Really just comes down to credibility factor for me.

TheLesser

May 26, 2014
Ive factory resetted and not going to use it. I can not get it to switch to SuperSU and SuperSu's binary (tried to let SuperSU install/update the binary and it wont. just sits their spinning). From everything Ive tried seems to be locking me into using the vroot su and binary and whatever the hell it is its installing on data/app. Ive swapped out binaries and superuser apks, but as soon as I uninstall and their stuff, I lose root access. So looks like they are locking you into using their stuff without the possibility of switching to su of your choice afterwards.....Could be wrong tho...And only reason I can think of being forced to use their stuff....aint good haha Could be wrong but until someone finds a way I can swap in ChainFires SuperSU files and not lose root, I aint using it. Really just comes down to credibility factor for me.

This was my experience as well trying to on switch over to the SuperSu binaries. Thanks for the input, pretty much how I feel on about it. Back to the waiting game.

ArmondCroom

May 9, 2014
Cinciinnati
i had to factory reset also but the vroot is on my tablet even after the factory reset. what can i do to remove it? it only gives me the option to turn it off. i hate waiting its not fair that all the other tab 4 models have root..

TheLesser

May 26, 2014
vRoot Removal

i had to factory reset also but the vroot is on my tablet even after the factory reset. what can i do to remove it? it only gives me the option to turn it off. i hate waiting its not fair that all the other tab 4 models have root..

I am having this problem as well, I tried to boot to recovery to try a hard reset but it fails reach recovery. Tried this and seems to have gotten rid of vRoot at least. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crLvs8ec0FE.........

After uninstalling SuperSu and then reinstalling, the binaries update and I have root access with SuperSU and no signs of vRoot!

Last edited:

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
I meant I odin'd my bad.

Youll have to odin back to stock. Factory reset only wipes data not system.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

I am having this problem as well, I tried to boot to recovery to try a hard reset but it fails reach recovery. Tried this and seems to have gotten rid of vRoot at least. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crLvs8ec0FE.........

After uninstalling SuperSu and then reinstalling, the binaries update and I have root access with SuperSU and no signs of vRoot!

and that worked, awesome.

Completely removed Vroot. Their su binary was saving to /bin instead of /xbin. It wouldnt let me delete thatsu in /bin before but that "tool" removed it completely and left with Chainfires stuff. Just uninstall the vroot app that was saved on /data/app thru the settings....and now alittle fun begins

Last edited:
Reactions: lyricalsoul5

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
wait what sorry im confused can you explain step by step lol im a jailbreaker im a noob. sorry thanks in advance

Download, install http://d-h.st/FiU#.U4fAsHVdUUT on pc
Enable USB Debugging in developer options (Tap build number til it tells you you are a "dev" to enable dev options)
connect tab to pc
run vroot
click green button bottom right
wait til its done
Download this http://www.mediafire.com/download/ky9845gisnn3824/Replace_VRoot_With_SuperSU.zip
extract the zip
put the mrw folder thats extarcted onto your internal storage
download Android Terminal Emulator from playstore and open it
type:

su (then grant it su permission")
sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh

and wait til it reboots. Go into settings>applications> and uninstall the app in Chinese, then open the playstore search SuperSU and update it and then open SuperSU so it updates the binary (click normal) and youre done. Vroot is gone and replaced with our beloved @Chainfire 's superSU and binary

Aug 27, 2012
Granting SU in ATE

Enable USB Debugging in developer options (Tap build number til it tells you you are a "dev" to enable dev options)
connect tab to pc
run vroot
wait til its done
Download this http://www.mediafire.com/download/ky9845gisnn3824/Replace_VRoot_With_SuperSU.zip
extract the zip
type:

sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh

and wait til it reboots. Go into settings>applications> and uninstall the app in Chinese, then open the playstore search SuperSU and update it and then open SuperSU so it updates the binary (click normal) and youre done. Vroot is gone and replaced with our beloved @Chainfire 's superSU and binary

su (then grant it su permission") <---- What is written in the parentheses is that what we type? What exactly do we type in ATE?

Reactions: Vintage144

FroznArrow

May 23, 2014
su (then grant it su permission") <---- What is written in the parentheses is that what we type? What exactly do we type in ATE?

If you watch the video, you just type.... su
then type... sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh

If you're an idiot like me, and get "su not found"....
Here's a protip:
Green screen on device and vroot window doesn't mean it's rooted.
You've got to click the green button again in vroot, assuming it says "1 click root"
Wait for it to finish, your device should reboot before getting root.

TheLesser

May 26, 2014
Cyanogenmod Installer

I gave forcing the Cyanogenmod Installer a try despite the unsupported device, but it refuses continuation upon a second confirmation of non-support. Pretty new to all this, so what are the next steps toward getting some custom Roms loaded? Thanks everyone.

sterheggen

May 30, 2014
If you watch the video, you just type.... su
then type... sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh

If you're an idiot like me, and get "su not found"....
Here's a protip:
Green screen on device and vroot window doesn't mean it's rooted.
You've got to click the green button again in vroot, assuming it says "1 click root"
Wait for it to finish, your device should reboot before

Last edited:

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
I gave forcing the Cyanogenmod Installer a try despite the unsupported device, but it refuses continuation upon a second confirmation of non-support. Pretty new to all this, so what are the next steps toward getting some custom Roms loaded? Thanks everyone.

If you're new to "this" really don't try stuff like that.... and if you do make sure you have everything and the tools and have done the research on how to recover the device...just word of advice.

Custom roms well probably never see. The Marvel soc on the 7 and tab 3 7 pretty much limit us to touch wiz modded roms. And until someone figures out, some devs and myself have tried for countless hours, how to unpack the recovery and boot imgs we are stuck in the current state.

Reactions: ArmondCroom

TheLesser

May 26, 2014
If you're new to "this" really don't try stuff like that.... and if you do make sure you have everything and the tools and have done the research on how to recover the device...just word of advice.

Custom roms well probably never see. The Marvel soc on the 7 and tab 3 7 pretty much limit us to touch wiz modded roms. And until someone figures out, some devs and myself have tried for countless hours, how to unpack the recovery and boot imgs we are stuck in the current state.

Thanks for the heads up and all the work.

Random question, are the Tabs not capable of lock screen widgets? I can't find "enable widgets" under security.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2012
Unrooting???

So what would be the safest way to return to stock and unroot?
Would it be Odin???

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

type

su

hit enter and youll get a pop up hit grant/accept then type the next command and hit enter

:highfive::victory::good::good::good::good:

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

While the Tab4 is rooted, could I use Samsung Kies3 to upgrade the firmware??? Or should I Unroot first, then upgrade, followed by a root process again??:confused::confused:

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Thanks for the heads up and all the work.

Random question, are the Tabs not capable of lock screen widgets? I can't find "enable widgets" under security.

Not much work done at all Just countless FU's and WTF's haha

Anything is capable. By default no. But Im sure theres an xposed module for it

So what would be the safest way to return to stock and unroot?
Would it be Odin???

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

:highfive::victory::good::good::good::good:

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

While the Tab4 is rooted, could I use Samsung Kies3 to upgrade the firmware??? Or should I Unroot first, then upgrade, followed by a root process again??:confused::confused:

Odin it back to stock. Just grab the firmwares from sammobile. I'll upload both firmwares to mega or somewhere thats not slow as crap to download from in a little while for peps.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

TheLesser

May 26, 2014
Lockscreen Widgets

Not much work done at all Just countless FU's and WTF's haha

Anything is capable. By default no. But Im sure theres an xposed module for it

Odin it back to stock. Just grab the firmwares from sammobile. I'll upload both firmwares to mega or somewhere thats not slow as crap to download from in a little while for peps.

Haha yeah did some looking around and not coming up with much. Found this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2363189

But it doesn't seem to overide the lockscreen. Neither did the Keylock Disabler Module. Thanks Samsung for rolling back stock android functionality....saw some press releases where they tried blaming Google, haha yeah right.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Has the Wanam Xposed Mod worked for anyone else? It installs and runs perfectly well, but none of the changes take effect. Thanks everyone.

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Haha yeah did some looking around and not coming up with much. Found this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2363189

But it doesn't seem to overide the lockscreen. Neither did the Keylock Disabler Module. Thanks Samsung for rolling back stock android functionality....saw some press releases where they tried blaming Google, haha yeah right.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Has the Wanam Xposed Mod worked for anyone else? It installs and runs perfectly well, but none of the changes take effect. Thanks everyone.

Wanam is what Im using. Make sure you are using the one for touchwiz and not aosp

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Latest stock firmware NE2 for T230 7" Galaxy Tab 4

https://mega.co.nz/#!I49V3YZB!LkqiYAvZF0dyL0YMbVMGlGWIhn7BQbFi84z4CIFQhKw

Feel free to copy/mirror link for posts

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wait what sorry im confused can you explain step by step lol im a jailbreaker im a noob. sorry thanks in advance

connect tab to pc
    run vroot
    wait til its done
    extract the zip
    type:

sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh

I finally got mine to work, here is how I fixed it from updating to 1.7.8

Run a search on your C drive for vroot and delete everything it finds(except the 1.7.7 installer), this will delete the 1.7.8 updater file.
    Then disconnect your computer from the internet completely.
    Install the 1.7.7 file you downloaded
    Once 1.7.7 is running you can reconnect the internet just remember if you close Vroot to make sure you are not on the internet when you open it again.
    Then follow the instructions given.
    If you run into the same issues I did with SuperSU then it may take a few times of rooting to finally get it to update the binary.
    Would you please share how you managed to root your tab4 7.0?

Did find a way to root it yet, so I(we) would really appreciate your help.

Yes, there is already a way to root the Tab 4 7.0.

I followed these instructions step by step and worked perfectly. It does require a USB connection, windows PC and to reboot the Tab a couple of times. Took me 10 minutes. quick and simple and thank you ShinySide for the step by step.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53020637&postcount=87
    does V-Root trigger your flash counter or "triangle"? does anyone get the yellow sign on their boot screen after using?

Just making sure before running it on my brand new tab, id like to mantain warranty for now :)

Shouldnt. Only using Odin is the only thing that usually trips it

BTW I finally made a thread since the instructions are now broken up since people have to kill the auto updating

http://xdaforums.com/tab-4/general/root-galaxy-tab-4-7-t230-t2835264