[APP] [2.3+] CID'S AERIAL VIEWS - Nostalgic Map Guide for Final Fantasy IV

OP CKTurbo128

30th May 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 7

25 posts
More

Hey guys, just wanted to share an Android app that I developed recently. CID'S AERIAL VIEWS is a nostalgic, interactive map guide app which allows you to view world maps from Squaresoft’s classic 16-BIT RPG, Final Fantasy IV (aka Final Fantasy II for the U.S.). Like the previous Dragon Geo app I released previously, users can zoom in and out on the map using buttons and pinch/tap gestures. Users can view the three world maps (overworld, underworld, and the moon) from Final Fantasy IV.

CID'S AERIAL VIEWS features a semi-interactive Cid character that reacts to the options you choose for the application. CAT also has English, Japanese, and Korean support. For a further touch of nostalgia, the entire interface uses the Final Fantasy IV blue window style, complete with music and sound effects from the SFC/SNES release of Final Fantasy IV.

CID'S AERIAL VIEWS DRAGON GEO is an interactive map app akin to Google Maps, but displays maps from Square-Enix's Dragon Quest RPG series. Those of you that have been playing RPGs since the early days of the original NES will better recognize this series as Dragon Warrior. DRAGON GEO allows for viewing world, region, castle, town, dungeon, and shrine maps from Dragon Warrior / Quest I-VII. It also includes maps from the remake versions that later appeared on the Super Famicom, Game Boy Color, and Nintendo DS.

Many thanks goes out to my friends who helped beta test CAT, as well as these sites that provided the sprites, maps, and music/sound effects for Final Fantasy IV:

RESOURCES:
  • Videogamesprites.com
  • Ian-Albert.com
  • Zophar’s Domain

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cid, ffiv, final fantasy, final fantasy ii, final fantasy iv
Previous Thread Next Thread