Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 39,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not rooted but still no kitkat update?

Tip us?
 
q8peace
Old
#11  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 58
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default this is not the lateset kit kat

yesterday i received this firmware through kies so if you didnt flash your phone yet you may try this is its the latest released in 27/5/2014

Model: SM-N9005

Model name: GALAXY Note 3 LTE

Country: United Arab Emirates

Version: Android 4.4.2

Changelist: 1168347

Build date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 08:38:48 +0000

Product Code: XSI

PDA: N9005XXUEND3

CSC: N9005OJVENE1

MODEM: N9005XXUENC2
 
antique_sonic
Old
#12  
antique_sonic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,094
Posts: 2,100
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corner of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by q8peace View Post
yesterday i received this firmware through kies so if you didnt flash your phone yet you may try this is its the latest released in 27/5/2014

Model: SM-N9005

Model name: GALAXY Note 3 LTE

Country: United Arab Emirates

Version: Android 4.4.2

Changelist: 1168347

Build date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 08:38:48 +0000

Product Code: XSI

PDA: N9005XXUEND3

CSC: N9005OJVENE1

MODEM: N9005XXUENC2


This is newest :
Product Code: SIN
PDA: N9005DXUENE3
CSC: N9005OLCENE4
MODEM: N9005DXUENE2

Since he will flash through odin, might as well get the latest.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the vorner of this rounded earth.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man



Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT
 
q8peace
Old
#13  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 58
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic View Post

This is newest :
Product Code: SIN
PDA: N9005DXUENE3
CSC: N9005OLCENE4
MODEM: N9005DXUENE2

Since he will flash through odin, might as well get the latest.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the vorner of this rounded earth.
he have the note 3 with xsi not sin
 
soumen.sam
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 151
Join Date: May 2014
Firmware OTA updates depends on region. Like in US it 1st releases and after few time in other countries one by one due to localization. Also it depends on career those have taken locked version under contract, like Verizon released the 4.4 in May where I got it many month back, even another latest firmware update recently.

So check google news, for your region or check other phones in your region. If they provides you will definitely get it. If others got it then contact Samsung.
 
antique_sonic
Old
#15  
antique_sonic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,094
Posts: 2,100
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corner of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by q8peace View Post
he have the note 3 with xsi not sin
I know. But shld not be a problem mate.
Mine is BTU. I flashed so many region alrd : DBT, XSI, SIN and BTU itself.
All run well.
Since I m flashing with odin, I don't really care abt region.
Worst case (if happen, so far never), just flash csc of ur own region.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the vorner of this rounded earth.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man



Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT
 
q8peace
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 58
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic View Post
I know. But shld not be a problem mate.
Mine is BTU. I flashed so many region alrd : DBT, XSI, SIN and BTU itself.
All run well.
Since I m flashing with odin, I don't really care abt region.
Worst case (if happen, so far never), just flash csc of ur own region.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the vorner of this rounded earth.
but its socks when you wipe everything in your phone before flashing to get stable firmware so flashing ota or kies seems not wiped the phone
 
antique_sonic
Old
#17  
antique_sonic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,094
Posts: 2,100
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corner of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by q8peace View Post
but its socks when you wipe everything in your phone before flashing to get stable firmware so flashing ota or kies seems not wiped the phone
Yes mate. Pain in the ass when u wipe to clean.
OTA got bad habit. Happened. To 2 of my friends already. They do OTA, enjoying it with data still intact. One day, all of sudden phone freeze, reboot, auto wipe. Puff, all gone.
Another one more also same. Freeze, never reboot auto, just stay freezing, phone very hot, unplug battery, boot and stuck at Samsung logo. Finally factory reset as well. Both can't save their data.

This happened. To my friends who do OTA from 4.3 to 4.4.2 but dun want to wipe.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man



Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more

MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more