Originally Posted by czarnota1
Can you explain please how you set up xmbc in your phone and on you gear please?
"One thing to be careful is to set Yatse in such a way as it can sync, without wifi (just a setting unchecked it seems)." I cant understand what do you mean.. would be nice if you can step by step explain how you achive this. thanks
I can't setting host in Yatse, at least in free version. always got failed to connect host even all settings done correctly. But it gives me idea to check Official XBMC Remote app that I'm using on my note 3 to contol XMBC conected via HDMI to my HDTV, and it works birliant! I can now same time control XMBC installed in my note 3 and on my PC by switching hosts instantly! Its now best media controler for Galaxy gear! I can brose folders added to library in note or PC and play control XMBC in every aspect and fucntion! I was looking for some media controller but this is better then I could even think!
Ok, quickly tutorial how to:
0) Connect your gear with phone, set up internet thetring and bluetooth internet access on gear
1) Install on your device prompt version of XMBC (Windows on PC or Android on your phone or both)
xbmc.org/xbmc-13-1-gotham-rc1/ (scroll down to find links under "Conclusion")
2) Install Official XBMC Remote on your Gear
3)Then you have to install another app on your gear that can open menu soft key inside your Gear to add and set up host:
4) Open Floating Soft Keys *ROOT* and try to set it up to your needs, try to play with this app as it very usefull and easy to understand. Soft keys will stay always on top of other apps, when you thick "collapse to notification.." when you long press back button it will collapse and can be reopen from notification bar by tap on "click to..
5) Now open your XMBC program on device and follow instructions to config XMBC:
6) Now you need to find out your IP (Windows: Start-run-cmd-ipconfig, Android 4.4.2 note 3: click on your wireless connection)
7) Open Official XBMC Remote on your Gear, tap menu key from floating soft key, Add Host: set up same as in XMBC main app and click connect.
You can add more then one host from manage XMBC hosts in settings and simply switch between them from menu!
(this is my frist tutorial ever so please be kind