Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,674 Members 38,311 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to turn off phone in my own ROM

Tip us?

nathan_atheer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] How to turn off phone in my own ROM

I am basing my ROM on the Qualcomm's MSM8974 device. My device does not have a phone radio, but Android claims there is one. So it has Phone app, and Data Usage in setting, and Tethering options.

How do I disable this at build time? Is it a system.prop or a build variable? Maybe Qualcomm turned it on by default, and I have to delete some line? Anyone have a hint?

dxppxd
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Consider removing phone app and editing (decompiling) settings.apk to remove the phone, data usage and thetering sections by editing the setings.xml.

nathan_atheer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxppxd View Post
Consider removing phone app and editing (decompiling) settings.apk to remove the phone, data usage and thetering sections by editing the setings.xml.
I could do that, but that would be a very brute force method, and I don't think its right.

For instance, if I build for the nexus 7, the system image actually has the Phone.apk on it, but after it boots, it disables the Phone app

nathan_atheer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Solved

SOLVED
There is an XML file:
./frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml
That devices generally override with the device/.../overlay directory. In this file is this string array. It is a coded array. The first value of the string is the type, such as ConnectivityManager.TYPE_MOBILE, and the second is 0 or 1 for false/true for Simultanaity.
<string-array translatable="false" name="radioAttributes">
<item>"1,1"</item>
<item>"7,1"</item>
</string-array>
The Following User Says Thank You to nathan_atheer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]