Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 39,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues going from Rooted 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 using dr87 Guide

Tip us?

Robo56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Issues going from Rooted 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 using dr87 Guide

This is the guide I used:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2673736

Everything went fine, and I got the phone booted up and it's running 4.4.2, but I now have not root access, and I cannot mount to the SDCard in TWRP, so I cannot install the SuperSU zip in the last step. I'm not exactly sure where to go from here, but I do know I have to figure something out, because there is no way I can use this G2 with all the T-Mobile and LG bloat. Any input would be greatly appriciated, and if I figure anything out when I get home, I will post follow up info. I'm currently at work, so when I'll get home I'll look into some ADB options.

Thanks!

NicoC72
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Did you flash a SU file when you flashed the ROM? Both dr87's and utesred's guides say to flash a SU file with the ROM. From utesred's guide:

Quote:
Within TWRP, you need to do a standard wipe. After that, flash the ROM file first, and then the SU file after. DO NOT reboot your phone in between the files. If you do, you'll have just flashed the rom you had two hours ago when you began, and still not have SU. Once you do have them both flashed, reboot your phone and you're done.
I would like to hear what you did as I am going to be rooting this phone soon, but I'm still on the shipping JB ROM.
Samsung Rant > LG Optimus V > HTC Sensation 4G > LG G2 D801