Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROOT Metro Pcs Mega

Tip us?

yngphenom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default ROOT Metro Pcs Mega

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ROOT THIS METRO MEGA? IVE TRIED KINGO BUT IT DOSENT RECOGNIZE MY PHONE..LATEST DRIVERS INSTALLED FROM SAMSUNG AS WELL PLEASE HELP

Sent from my SGH-M819N using XDA Free mobile app

IBeMe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I installed Kies on the PC.
It worked.

hopsin4444
Old
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
Use kingo but make sure USB debugging is checked AND UNKNOWN SOURCES IS CHECK no one reads exactly how your suppose to do it lol guerentee that's your issue as well unknown sources check it

Sent From My Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 With Xda Premium 4

Also Don't Forget To Check Out My Custom Keyboards And Custom Dialers Over At The CandyShop Along With Everyone Else's Great Customizations! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49380310

yngphenom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I did both of those suggestions any others possibilities? Ive also heard that I may have to in a sense UNupdate my phone because I did a ota update a few months ago..any idea how to do that?

yngphenom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopsin4444 View Post
Use kingo but make sure USB debugging is checked AND UNKNOWN SOURCES IS CHECK no one reads exactly how your suppose to do it lol guerentee that's your issue as well unknown sources check it

Sent From My Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 With Xda Premium 4

Also Don't Forget To Check Out My Custom Keyboards And Custom Dialers Over At The CandyShop Along With Everyone Else's Great Customizations! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49380310
I did both of those suggestions any others possibilities? Ive also heard that I may have to in a sense UNupdate my phone because I did a ota update a few months ago..any idea how to do that?

djxxl@live.com
Old
Thanks Meter 1
download Odin, download Phil recovery or cwm recovery, download Supersuer apk and flash both with odin. use Odin to flash to custom recovery to your Phone and then flash the superuser apk through the custom recovery

yngphenom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxxl@live.com View Post
download Odin, download Phil recovery or cwm recovery, download Supersuer apk and flash both with odin. use Odin to flash to custom recovery to your Phone and then flash the superuser apk through the custom recovery
And this will work with A METRO PCS galaxy mega? Kuz I tried it with Odin and ended up with a phone I couldnt use..no wifi..no play store no music player no gallery lol