Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ROOT Metro Pcs Mega

OP yngphenom

25th May 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag euless
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ROOT THIS METRO MEGA? IVE TRIED KINGO BUT IT DOSENT RECOGNIZE MY PHONE..LATEST DRIVERS INSTALLED FROM SAMSUNG AS WELL PLEASE HELP

Sent from my SGH-M819N using XDA Free mobile app
26th May 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
I installed Kies on the PC.
It worked.
26th May 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag denver
Thanks Meter: 407

668 posts
Donate to Me
More
Use kingo but make sure USB debugging is checked AND UNKNOWN SOURCES IS CHECK no one reads exactly how your suppose to do it lol guerentee that's your issue as well unknown sources check it

Sent From My Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 With Xda Premium 4

Also Don't Forget To Check Out My Custom Keyboards And Custom Dialers Over At The CandyShop Along With Everyone Else's Great Customizations! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49380310
28th May 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag euless

20 posts
More
I did both of those suggestions any others possibilities? Ive also heard that I may have to in a sense UNupdate my phone because I did a ota update a few months ago..any idea how to do that?

28th May 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag euless

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopsin4444

Use kingo but make sure USB debugging is checked AND UNKNOWN SOURCES IS CHECK no one reads exactly how your suppose to do it lol guerentee that's your issue as well unknown sources check it

Sent From My Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 With Xda Premium 4

Also Don't Forget To Check Out My Custom Keyboards And Custom Dialers Over At The CandyShop Along With Everyone Else's Great Customizations! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49380310

I did both of those suggestions any others possibilities? Ive also heard that I may have to in a sense UNupdate my phone because I did a ota update a few months ago..any idea how to do that?

29th May 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag memphis
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
More
download Odin, download Phil recovery or cwm recovery, download Supersuer apk and flash both with odin. use Odin to flash to custom recovery to your Phone and then flash the superuser apk through the custom recovery
30th May 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag euless

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxxl@live.com

download Odin, download Phil recovery or cwm recovery, download Supersuer apk and flash both with odin. use Odin to flash to custom recovery to your Phone and then flash the superuser apk through the custom recovery

And this will work with A METRO PCS galaxy mega? Kuz I tried it with Odin and ended up with a phone I couldnt use..no wifi..no play store no music player no gallery lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread