post water damage fun!

OP mrollg

29th May 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
So I decided to test the phone's water resistant capabilities. I video recorded a front flip off the diving board..(Yes I was intoxicated). The video ended about a second after I hit the water but the phone remained on for about five minutes. This incident happened on Sunday by the way and I'm writing this post on the same phone, anyways it shut off for five hours then managed to get it running for the rest of the night until the battery died. The next day it wouldn't charge or do anything. I left it off, unplugged until today and now I have full working capability with everything, but the screen is a little crazy. Already made an insurance claim to replace, before you hate I was prepared to pay for the experiment so here's a screenshot. Enjoy! And don't replicate...cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-28-22-34-37.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	2768712   Click image for larger version

Name:	VIDEO0010_0000015319.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	2768717  
29th May 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
that's interesting when i took a screenshot the picture of my apps menu looks perfectly fine on a computer, but my actual phone has massive yellow lines streaking down through the phone at all times...very interesting.
29th May 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #3  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 9

37 posts
More
LOL not interesting at all, you've water damaged your screen.

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app
29th May 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #4  
Flag Santa Rosa, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,432

2,208 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrollg

that's interesting when i took a screenshot the picture of my apps menu looks perfectly fine on a computer, but my actual phone has massive yellow lines streaking down through the phone at all times...very interesting.

Not interesting at all lol...You damaged the hardware, a screenshot isn't going to show that.
30th May 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #5  
Flag Greer, SC
Thanks Meter: 187

665 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrollg

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're still a bit intoxicated. [emoji87]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread