Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SM-900A Softbricked - Strange Errors

Tip us?

DrShenanigan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SM-900A Softbricked - Strange Errors

I get some crazy errrors on my SM-900A.

For example, what does "fused 3 > binary 2" even mean? I have tried flashing the firmware several times.

I have manged to get it to boot, but then I get some errors about Direct Pen Input has stopped working. Not only that, but the device runs incredibly slowly.

I have run the device through ODIN using as many 4.3 firmware files as I could find. None of them work.

Any tips?

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrShenanigan View Post
I get some crazy errrors on my SM-900A.

For example, what does "fused 3 > binary 2" even mean? I have tried flashing the firmware several times.

I have manged to get it to boot, but then I get some errors about Direct Pen Input has stopped working. Not only that, but the device runs incredibly slowly.

I have run the device through ODIN using as many 4.3 firmware files as I could find. None of them work.

Any tips?

It means that you can not downgrade the bootloader - like from 4.4 back to 4.3. Try to write a 4.4 image.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

DrShenanigan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
It means that you can not downgrade the bootloader - like from 4.4 back to 4.3. Try to write a 4.4 image.
That is what I was afraid of.

Is there anyway around this? As far as I know I can not root 4.4 on the SM-900A.