Consolidated GApps Central

Following the retirement of Paranoid Android GApps Provider TKruzze and subsequent deletion of … more

Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 Receives CyanogenMod 12.1

Released in 2013, the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 is the quad-core Snapdragon … more

Sunday Debate: Corporate Cyanogen Good for Android?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Cyanogen Inc. Come with your opinions and feel … more

AOSP Lollipop 5.1.0 for LG Optimus 4X HD

One of the main rivals of the legendary Samsung Galaxy SIII, the LG Optimus 4X HD has received … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How to check X-Reality work or not?

27th May 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #1  
kumbangdesa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melaka
Thanks Meter: 192
 
558 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Hi all..

Noob question here.. How to check X-Reality work or not?..
Just tick X-reality then open the picture in gallery?.. I didn't see the different doing that..
Is that mean my X-Reality didn't work out?..
Thanks..
Last edited by kumbangdesa; 27th May 2014 at 03:10 AM. Reason: typing error
27th May 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #2  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,948
 
4,154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumbangdesa

Hi all..

Noob question here.. How to check X-Reality work or not?..
Just tick X-reality then open the picture in gallery?.. I didn't see the different doing that..
Is that mean my X-Reality didn't work out?..
Thanks..

you can actualy take a screenshot using power and volume down

once this is done redo with xreality off and view both the screenshots with xreality off

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #3  
kumbangdesa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melaka
Thanks Meter: 192
 
558 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

you can actualy take a screenshot using power and volume down

once this is done redo with xreality off and view both the screenshots with xreality off

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks friend.. I'll try that..
27th May 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
1,324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumbangdesa

Hi all..

Noob question here.. How to check X-Reality work or not?..
Just tick X-reality then open the picture in gallery?.. I didn't see the different doing that..
Is that mean my X-Reality didn't work out?..
Thanks..

Look at the colors, specifically blues, it blows them out like crazy and they look neon or electric almost. I turn it off, it's not very good.

Also, a screenshot won't show you anything.
27th May 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eallan

Look at the colors, specifically blues, it blows them out like crazy and they look neon or electric almost. I turn it off, it's not very good.

Also, a screenshot won't show you anything.

I tried the screenshot method. You can see the difference. It saturates colours slightly.

Put a few screenshot tests below.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401204404294.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	2765851   Click image for larger version

Name:	1401204429696.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	2765852   Click image for larger version

Name:	1401204448135.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	2765854   Click image for larger version

Name:	1401204463325.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	2765855   Click image for larger version

Name:	1401204474274.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	2765856   Click image for larger version

Name:	1401204485505.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	2765861  
27th May 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
1,324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujj

I tried the screenshot method. You can see the difference. It saturates colours slightly.

Put a few screenshot tests below.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Wow, that's pretty surprising. They're tweaking the values and not just applying them to the display.

The screen shots also illustrate that it just looks baaaad IMO.
27th May 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eallan

Wow, that's pretty surprising. They're tweaking the values and not just applying them to the display.

The screen shots also illustrate that it just looks baaaad IMO.

Yeah, I tend to leave it off tbh. The screenshots also differed in size, with the X-reality ones slightly bigger.
28th May 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #8  
Jiyeon90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 222
 
937 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
I personally think the photos with x-reality on look better, it adds more life to the pictures

Sent from my Xperia Z1
30th May 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
I have found x-reality is not working after unlocking BL. I have 2 Z2's ..one (white) with BL unlocked and another (purple) that has nothing done to it. There is a difference. I am curious if anyone has flashed the "x-reality RomAur fw 0.402 zip" of if this just works with that specific rom? I would really like to use my purple Z2 but not wanting to until x-reality gets fixed after unlocking BL. Has anyone flashed this zip?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes