No registration required

[Feature Request] Haptic Response Duration

OP mattdm

30th May 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 439

1,346 posts
More
I would love the ability to set the minimum haptic response duration system-wide. This is not necessary for every device, but it is critical for the S4 Mini due to the sub-par vibration motor included. SlimKat already has this feature in Sound Settings, so I can't use any other ROM currently.
30th May 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,188

11,085 posts
Donate to Me
More
Since PA doesn't officially support anything but nexus devices I wouldn't count on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5
30th May 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,346 posts
More
The PA thread in the S4 Mini forum has an [Official] tag on it. Are they not supposed to have that?
30th May 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,188

11,085 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdm

The PA thread in the S4 Mini forum has an [Official] tag on it. Are they not supposed to have that?

There is no official support outside of nexus devices. What we have is a legacy branch that is maintained and handled by some PA members and device maintainers. Who is stating it is 'official'? All legacy devices use CM base/device trees. This is what separates official from other devices, as those other devices can experience a lot of bugs official devices will never see.

**EDIT**
I just looked up the s4 mini build you are talking about. It is not supposed to state 'OFFICIAL', and ayysir doesnt know who he is.
Last edited by Pirateghost; 30th May 2014 at 06:15 AM.
30th May 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

There is no official support outside of nexus devices. What we have is a legacy branch that is maintained and handled by some PA members and device maintainers. Who is stating it is 'official'? All legacy devices use CM base/device trees. This is what separates official from other devices, as those other devices can experience a lot of bugs official devices will never see.

**EDIT**
I just looked up the s4 mini build you are talking about. It is not supposed to state 'OFFICIAL', and ayysir doesnt know who he is.

Ha, I got someone in trouble. :P Thanks for your quick responses.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread