Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted, soft bricked phone with locked bootloader

Tip us?

boobaboobler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooted, soft bricked phone with locked bootloader

Basically what the title says.
I just want to preface this by saying I'm a beginner and I have no idea what I'm doing.
I tried to use safestrap and it did delete all my data but I accidently deleted my backup and my ROM I wanted to install.
Safestrap doesn't seem to want to work anymore. It gives me the screen saying that so and so is disabled and it will boot in 10 seconds, but I can't interact with this screen.
What can I do? Safestrap just doesn't work so I can't flash a ROM from SDcard, and the only thing that seems to work is Fastboot, and that's locked, so what are my options?

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobaboobler View Post
Basically what the title says.
I just want to preface this by saying I'm a beginner and I have no idea what I'm doing.
I tried to use safestrap and it did delete all my data but I accidently deleted my backup and my ROM I wanted to install.
Safestrap doesn't seem to want to work anymore. It gives me the screen saying that so and so is disabled and it will boot in 10 seconds, but I can't interact with this screen.
What can I do? Safestrap just doesn't work so I can't flash a ROM from SDcard, and the only thing that seems to work is Fastboot, and that's locked, so what are my options?
You can use RSD to flash the firmware from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ , you can use House of Moto http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...se-of-moto-23/ , or you can update to stock KK (keep in mind you'll lose root on KK) http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...to-kitkat-ota/
The Following User Says Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boobaboobler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry but what file am I supposed to be using to flash? The entire folder?
Again, I don't know much about this, I'm just a beginner. I probably should have heeded people's warnings about possibly bricking your phone.

poppers162
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Sorry but what file am I supposed to be using to flash? The entire folder?
Again, I don't know much about this, I'm just a beginner. I probably should have heeded people's warnings about possibly bricking your phone.
The house of moto tutorial tells you exactly what to do with the files and folders and where to put them

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK

boobaboobler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162 View Post
The house of moto tutorial tells you exactly what to do with the files and folders and where to put them

For some reason my phone didn't want to let anything flash ICS to it so I flashed KitKat instead and everything went OK.

poppers162
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
For some reason my phone didn't want to let anything flash ICS to it so I flashed KitKat instead and everything went OK.
Alright, good to hear that it worked.

Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Quote:
Yeah, you can't downgrade if your bootloader is locked, but it is good to hear you got it working.

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more