Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Rooted, soft bricked phone with locked bootloader

OP boobaboobler

27th May 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Basically what the title says.
I just want to preface this by saying I'm a beginner and I have no idea what I'm doing.
I tried to use safestrap and it did delete all my data but I accidently deleted my backup and my ROM I wanted to install.
Safestrap doesn't seem to want to work anymore. It gives me the screen saying that so and so is disabled and it will boot in 10 seconds, but I can't interact with this screen.
What can I do? Safestrap just doesn't work so I can't flash a ROM from SDcard, and the only thing that seems to work is Fastboot, and that's locked, so what are my options?
28th May 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 479

1,326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobaboobler

Basically what the title says.
I just want to preface this by saying I'm a beginner and I have no idea what I'm doing.
I tried to use safestrap and it did delete all my data but I accidently deleted my backup and my ROM I wanted to install.
Safestrap doesn't seem to want to work anymore. It gives me the screen saying that so and so is disabled and it will boot in 10 seconds, but I can't interact with this screen.
What can I do? Safestrap just doesn't work so I can't flash a ROM from SDcard, and the only thing that seems to work is Fastboot, and that's locked, so what are my options?

You can use RSD to flash the firmware from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ , you can use House of Moto http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...se-of-moto-23/ , or you can update to stock KK (keep in mind you'll lose root on KK) http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...to-kitkat-ota/
The Following User Says Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Sorry but what file am I supposed to be using to flash? The entire folder?
Again, I don't know much about this, I'm just a beginner. I probably should have heeded people's warnings about possibly bricking your phone.
29th May 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 58

239 posts
More
Quote:

Sorry but what file am I supposed to be using to flash? The entire folder?
Again, I don't know much about this, I'm just a beginner. I probably should have heeded people's warnings about possibly bricking your phone.

The house of moto tutorial tells you exactly what to do with the files and folders and where to put them

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th May 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162

The house of moto tutorial tells you exactly what to do with the files and folders and where to put them

For some reason my phone didn't want to let anything flash ICS to it so I flashed KitKat instead and everything went OK.
29th May 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 58

239 posts
More
Quote:

For some reason my phone didn't want to let anything flash ICS to it so I flashed KitKat instead and everything went OK.

Alright, good to hear that it worked.

30th May 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 479

1,326 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah, you can't downgrade if your bootloader is locked, but it is good to hear you got it working.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread