Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Defy bricked and doesn't detect my phone on any systems

Tip us?

sunnysays
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbs2 View Post
Ok, what do you see in USBDeview?
i see nothing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	18
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	2769782  

sunnysays
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoxG View Post
Try in another pc or in a virtual machine of Windows XP, or check in which usb port you're plugging on the cable, in my computer with Windows 8 for example, I have 4 ports on the back of the cpu and 2 on the front, the front ones don't work to use RDSLite but they work for mass storage and debugging without any problems, but for RDSLite I have to use the back ports

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk
I have tried it on other pc and on xp to and tried different usb port and cables too but no use

DiegoxG
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Looks like you're using an old version of RDSLite, why not trying another one? Maybe 5.6

sunnysays
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoxG View Post
Looks like you're using an old version of RDSLite, why not trying another one? Maybe 5.6

tried all rsd lite version
Device History:
Nokia 1100-> Iphone 3g -> Iphone 4s -> Motorola ZN5 ->Motorola Defy MB525 ->Motorola Xoom -> Motorola Razr HD->Moto G

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit thanks if my post helped you

Proverbs2
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysays View Post
i see nothing
That's not good. If your phone is going into bootloader mode but USBDeview isn't picking up any signal from the USB, it may be a hardware problem. How did your phone get bricked? Was its USB port working properly before that?

sunnysays
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
That's not good. If your phone is going into bootloader mode but USBDeview isn't picking up any signal from the USB, it may be a hardware problem. How did your phone get bricked? Was its USB port working properly before that?
it was working properly before... i have tried different usb charging port too.. but still face the same problem phone got bricked by using defy_safe_wipe and i rebooted accidentally
Device History:
Nokia 1100-> Iphone 3g -> Iphone 4s -> Motorola ZN5 ->Motorola Defy MB525 ->Motorola Xoom -> Motorola Razr HD->Moto G

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit thanks if my post helped you

Proverbs2
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
it was working properly before... i have tried different usb charging port too.. but still face the same problem phone got bricked by using defy_safe_wipe and i rebooted accidentally
Hmm, the safewipe script isn't supposed to touch the recovery partition. Can you get into stock recovery? (Take the battery out, then put it back in while holding the volume down and power buttons at the same time.) If you can get into the stock recovery, do a full factory reset, then try flashing an sbf again.

sunnysays
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Hmm, the safewipe script isn't supposed to touch the recovery partition. Can you get into stock recovery? (Take the battery out, then put it back in while holding the volume down and power buttons at the same time.) If you can get into the stock recovery, do a full factory reset, then try flashing an sbf again.
i tried it .. but no stock recovery if i hold it upto 10 mins with volume down and power button.. its totally bricked... only thing is i can get into bootloader....

Proverbs2
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
i tried it .. but no stock recovery if i hold it upto 10 mins with volume down and power button.. its totally bricked... only thing is i can get into bootloader....
I'm afraid I'm out of ideas, except for trying the sbf_flash tool in Linux. (It's not that hard to use, and you don't have to install Linux on your PC; you can just run it from a usb drive.)

sunnysays
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
I'm afraid I'm out of ideas, except for trying the sbf_flash tool in Linux. (It's not that hard to use, and you don't have to install Linux on your PC; you can just run it from a usb drive.)
Fine will give a try and let u know

Tags
bricked, defy, motorola defy