Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to Mount Network Folder on Leaked 4.4.2

OP LiMITZERO

23rd May 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 60

91 posts
More
could u help me out guys,does anyone manage to mount network folder on leaked 4.4.2? i've tried Cifs manager and Mount Manager but no luck

i'm gonna use it for titanium backup folder so i can backup directly to my pc.
Last edited by LiMITZERO; 23rd May 2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: x
29th May 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

13 posts
More
Use a filemanager
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiMITZERO

could u help me out guys,does anyone manage to mount network folder on leaked 4.4.2? i've tried Cifs manager and Mount Manager but no luck

i'm gonna use it for titanium backup folder so i can backup directly to my pc.

Try es-file explorer and x-plore file manager, they will both give you the ability to mount remote folders.

Stratos.
29th May 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Manila

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratism

Try es-file explorer and x-plore file manager, they will both give you the ability to mount remote folders.

Stratos.

i thinks in es-file explorer u can just make a shortcut on remote folders but not mount just like sd card... i'll tyr it in x-plore . ihope it has mount folder feature. btw tnx
30th May 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 42

289 posts
Donate to Me
More
You need NFS or CIFS filesystem support on your ROM / Kernel to be able to mount Network Drives.
If I'm not mistaken, stock 4.1.2 ROM doesn't have that & I don't think leaked version 4.4.2 have that.

I'm using Boeffla Kernel (4.1.2 Jelly Bean) & it have CIFS support.
I don't think we have 4.4.2 custom kernel just yet.
Last edited by d4rkkn16ht; 30th May 2014 at 04:46 AM.
30th May 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Manila

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rkkn16ht

You need NFS or CIFS filesystem support on your ROM / Kernel to be able to mount Network Drives.
If I'm not mistaken, stock 4.1.2 ROM doesn't have that & I don't think leaked version 4.4.2 have that.

I'm using Boeffla Kernel (4.1.2 Jelly Bean) & it have CIFS support.
I don't think we have 4.4.2 custom kernel just yet.

yeah. i found some cifs.ko for n8000 but only for 4.1.2 but apparantly it doesnt work on leaked version.

the only reason y im looking for that solution is for me to able to backup tatiniumbackup files directly to network drive...
30th May 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #6  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 42

289 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yeah. i found some cifs.ko for n8000 but only for 4.1.2 but apparantly it doesnt work on leaked version.

the only reason y im looking for that solution is for me to able to backup tatiniumbackup files directly to network drive...

downgrade then
4.4.2 ROM for N8000 is in a very early stage, so it's better to wait for an official release
30th May 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Manila

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rkkn16ht

downgrade then
4.4.2 ROM for N8000 is in a very early stage, so it's better to wait for an official release

they just released the official version of KitKat 4.4.2 already

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2767314
The Following User Says Thank You to LiMITZERO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

13 posts
More
Quote:

i thinks in es-file explorer u can just make a shortcut on remote folders but not mount just like sd card... i'll tyr it in x-plore . ihope it has mount folder feature. btw tnx

You are correct they do not really "mount" permanently the path and you can only work on the path through them.

If you want to actually "mount" then you should try AndSMB (samba client) from play store. Its free and it works (for me at least) doing exactly what you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to stratism For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Manila

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratism

You are correct they do not really "mount" permanently the path and you can only work on the path through them.

If you want to actually "mount" then you should try AndSMB (samba client) from play store. Its free and it works (for me at least) doing exactly what you want.

+1 tnx man! almost what i'm looking for even i have to sync/upload manually al least it does do the job. but hopefully to find CIFS Mount so i can directly path Titanium backup location folder to mounted network shared folder.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread