Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,072 Members 47,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about KK roms

Tip us?

ipred
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Question about KK roms

Weeks ago i tried the chinese kitkat but i had 2 problems as many others who tried it :

1) The cursor was missing in many apps ( in the search field of Play Store for example )
2) Below the incoming call i was seeing chinese letters.

Only these 2 things. ( i don't mention the lack of google play apps because i know how to install them manually )

I don't want better score in benchmarks,
I don't want any customizations.
I just want a rom exactly as the chinese KK but with the above 2 things corrected.

Is there such rom out there ?

Urthemiel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipred View Post
Weeks ago i tried the chinese kitkat but i had 2 problems as many others who tried it :

1) The cursor was missing in many apps ( in the search field of Play Store for example )
2) Below the incoming call i was seeing chinese letters.

Only these 2 things. ( i don't mention the lack of google play apps because i know how to install them manually )

I don't want better score in benchmarks,
I don't want any customizations.
I just want a rom exactly as the chinese KK but with the above 2 things corrected.

Is there such rom out there ?
Right Now im using this rom " [ROM]KK_ Huawei P6_all in EN(BbN)_based on_repack SLMINSK":

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2763593

Have the next features:

- Removed Chinese apps.NO MORE CHINESE LETTERS in system apps.
- Country and City names are displayed in your language when calling and receiving calls.
- Smart number identification correctly dispayed, full international display call log, even how many times the phone rang when missed call.
- Messaging is no more displayed in Chinese...working correctly.
- Weather.com instead weather.com.cn
- I did some corrections and install missed system apps (ex. huawei backup, email), modif. in build.prop and local.prop for correct language display, call log display, gapps integration, rooted.
- Suspend button with float apps.

Im from venezuela and it gives the right cities in my country and show the correct info about it.

Try it

BTW Tanks to mlsvcbbn for his release

ipred
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
I have seen this rom but it solves only the problem No2 and not the problem No1 ( it doesn't mention anything about the missing cursor ) :/