Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root With OTA?

OP ahmadsraj

30th May 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimilaci

I can confirm it, that with root OTA is possible

I had a device with root, s-off, unlocked etc... but stock recovery, stock rom,..

today I got the ota, updated without any problems... I just needed to boot into custom recovery afterwards and install the root.zip

Can you please guide me through the entire process on how to install the OTA update and not lose root, I don't have much knowledge when it comes to flashing into recovery, etc. I do have an HTC One M8 with S-Off. I would be eternally grateful if you could help me out.
30th May 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,198

13,534 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranNavani

Can you please guide me through the entire process on how to install the OTA update and not lose root, I don't have much knowledge when it comes to flashing into recovery, etc. I do have an HTC One M8 with S-Off. I would be eternally grateful if you could help me out.

Dude, do the research yourself. I don't know how many more times this has to be said. There's nothing special you have to do, just apply the OTA update when prompted
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread