[Q] Battery difficulties

OP ThatDeadDude

30th May 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have a D802, unrooted. I bought it online, not from a carrier.

I upgraded it to KitKat a month or two ago (the official update).

Within the last week it has started just losing power when the phone is still reporting 30%+ left on the battery. It does normally seem to die when I'm doing something, rather than when it's just on standby in my pocket. When the screen comes back on after plugging it into the charger it shows the same 30% or 40%.

I have tried a factory reset (albeit using LG backup to restore everything afterwards) and it doesn't seem to have helped.

Does anyone have any information on what might be causing this, and/or how to fix it?
30th May 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 500

918 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDeadDude

I have a D802, unrooted. I bought it online, not from a carrier.

I upgraded it to KitKat a month or two ago (the official update).

Within the last week it has started just losing power when the phone is still reporting 30%+ left on the battery. It does normally seem to die when I'm doing something, rather than when it's just on standby in my pocket. When the screen comes back on after plugging it into the charger it shows the same 30% or 40%.

I have tried a factory reset (albeit using LG backup to restore everything afterwards) and it doesn't seem to have helped.

Does anyone have any information on what might be causing this, and/or how to fix it?

This is most definitely a battery defect, so a hardware issue. The battery must have lost capacity - I've experienced the same happening with laptop battieries where some "cells" die and the laptop would just shut down at 30% battery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread