Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,845 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZTE Reef (Virgin Mobile)

Tip us?

Tarrnation
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default ZTE Reef (Virgin Mobile)

Any chance of getting this phone rooted before it becomes completely obsolete?

Nightwolf769
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Talking ZTE Reef N810 has been rooted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrnation View Post
Any chance of getting this phone rooted before it becomes completely obsolete?
I just rooted my girlfriend's Reef in about 2 mins. I haven't yet messed with roms or recoveries yet, however, that will be a project for tomorrow. It's a pretty simple procedure, make sure your phone is set to allow apps from unknown sources, Google "Framaroot 1.4.1" from your phone's browser, then download the apk. Also make sure that if you have anti-virus on your phone, clear the defaults, as the apk will not install if you have it set to autoscan before install. Click the download in the notification bar when it is done, then install with "package installer". When done, open the program, install with "Superuser" (which is the default option at the top). My phone rooted with the "Gandalf" exploit. Reboot your device. Verify that "Superuser" shows in the app drawer, I also verify root with "Root Checker" by joeykrim.
Nightwolf

Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G
Clockwork Mod Recovery 6.0.1.2
Stock Rom atm
Don't like Samsung's new freakin file system, it's really pissing me off!

HTC G2
Clockwork Mod Touch Recovery
Flinny's Andromadus CM10.1, Build 22, JellyBean 4.2.2
Clock speed 368mhz-1.2ghz Interactive Gov.

myTouch 3G Slide
Clockwork Mod Recovery
CM 7

HTC G1
Clockwork Mod Recovery
CM 6

Tarrnation
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf769 View Post
I just rooted my girlfriend's Reef in about 2 mins. I haven't yet messed with roms or recoveries yet, however, that will be a project for tomorrow. It's a pretty simple procedure, make sure your phone is set to allow apps from unknown sources, Google "Framaroot 1.4.1" from your phone's browser, then download the apk. Also make sure that if you have anti-virus on your phone, clear the defaults, as the apk will not install if you have it set to autoscan before install. Click the download in the notification bar when it is done, then install with "package installer". When done, open the program, install with "Superuser" (which is the default option at the top). My phone rooted with the "Gandalf" exploit. Reboot your device. Verify that "Superuser" shows in the app drawer, I also verify root with "Root Checker" by joeykrim.
Awesome, thanks! Will give this a try soon. Any reason for not using the latest version of Framaroot?

Nightwolf769
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
No specific reason, you could try the latest version if you so desire, that is just the one that I used.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using XDA Free mobile app
Nightwolf

Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G
Clockwork Mod Recovery 6.0.1.2
Stock Rom atm
Don't like Samsung's new freakin file system, it's really pissing me off!

HTC G2
Clockwork Mod Touch Recovery
Flinny's Andromadus CM10.1, Build 22, JellyBean 4.2.2
Clock speed 368mhz-1.2ghz Interactive Gov.

myTouch 3G Slide
Clockwork Mod Recovery
CM 7

HTC G1
Clockwork Mod Recovery
CM 6

Tarrnation
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Thanks!

Finally got around to playing with this device. Rooted successfully with framaroot 1.9.2 same method as you described.

Got any optimization tips?