(Tutorial) How to Mod Dark look on PA 4 Custom Rom

29th May 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag solo
Thanks Meter: 85

135 posts
More
Hi, this is my first tutorial mod for droid razr, i will share how to change black gradient looks on Paranoid Android Rom become to solid black like on Slimkat rom with TRDS mode On xD . Some people maybe use xposed framework and module but i try to mod the framework because i dont use xposed . This mod also affect on other apps which use holo dark background like root explorer, safestrap, calculator etc.

For this Mod you will need

- PA rom ( i currently use PA 4 beta 7 for umts spyder)

- Apk tool/apk multitool/Ricky Kitchen tool etc

- Notepad ++

- Winrar/Winzip

- Patient and brain LOL

1. First you must know how to decompile and compile APK, i am using Ricky Rom Kitchen for doing this but you can another apps too like APK Multitool, APK tool etc

2. Now time to mod, first take your framework-res.apk from rom (its located on system/framework) and decompile it

3. Now open with notepad++ >> framework-res.apk/res/drawable/background_holo_dark.xml

4. You will see this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<shape
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<gradient android:startColor="#ff000000" android:endColor="#ff272d33"" android:angle="270.0" />
</shape>

5. Change android:endColor="#ff272d33"" with android:endColor="#ff000000" and save them

6. Compile it again but its not finish yet

7. Now on your apktool you will see unsignedframework-res.apk , open it with winzip and delete Meta-inf folder and androidmanifest xml and copy Meta-inf folder and androidmanifest.xml from original framework-res.apk

8. Rename unsignedframework-res.apk become framework-res.apk and copied back to your phone ( i recommend made a backup rom or just flashable zip framework-res.apk just in case if it failed and bootloop )

9. Now with Root Explorer copy your Framework-res.apk to the /system and set permission first RW-R-R and move it to framework folder, if its ask to overwrite answer yes

10. Reboot your phone and enjoy

this is how its look

credit :
- PA Rom for great work
- xda for great forum
- google for great machine lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-30-04-37-07.png
Views:	110
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	2770075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-30-04-30-51.png
Views:	96
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	2770076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-30-04-37-17.png
Views:	78
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	2770077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-30-04-31-01.png
Views:	61
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	2770078  
The Following User Says Thank You to aldiandrew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag solo
Thanks Meter: 85

135 posts
More
update with flashable zip, just instal it with your custom recovery

1. AOSPA Dark without crt animation >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v5wbap7da...aospa_dark.zip

2. AOSPA normal (back to original) >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/017fps0lzx...spa_normal.zip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aldiandrew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread