Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

Xperia Z2 Torch

OP Indurus

27th May 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

138 posts
The back LED of the camera can be used as a torch, but it does not seem to be quite bright. Is there any method (probably with root) to amplify the lightstrength known yet?
27th May 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Reykjavik
Thanks Meter: 6

32 posts
More
Have you tried the Nexus or CyanogenMod Torch ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.cactii.flash
27th May 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

138 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidR53

Have you tried the Nexus or CyanogenMod Torch ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.cactii.flash

No, I haven't tried any of them because I don't own the Z2 yet. The Torch-Function is quite important for me and I would hesitate buying it If there was no solution. I would be very pleased If any owner could try them and report about the results!
27th May 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurus

No, I haven't tried any of them because I don't own the Z2 yet. The Torch-Function is quite important for me and I would hesitate buying it If there was no solution. I would be very pleased If any owner could try them and report about the results!

There is a torch app for Z2 somewhere in xda. However note that Z2's LED is rather weak when compared to others. I can say that it's only half as bright as the Samsung S2
27th May 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 113

737 posts
Quote:

The Torch-Function is quite important for me and I would hesitate buying it If there was no solution.

Why don't you just pick up a Fenix LD 01 and stick it on your key chain ?

if i had to walk on a dark road there is no way a mobile would suffice.
27th May 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

138 posts
This thread is not about persuading me of the uselessness of a smartphone torch, it's about possibilities to avoid sony's restrictions which darken the foto-led when used as a torch. When taking fotos, its much brighter, so it's rather a soft- than a hardware problem!
27th May 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 113

737 posts
See, its the underlined bit that i don't get...

Quote:

The Torch-Function is quite important for me and I would hesitate buying it If there was no solution!

Of all the reasons to come up with not to buy a Z2. Seriously is that it. Why ?

If i was looking for a torch and it was 'important' then i'd look for something fit for purpose as in a 'real' torch.

Good luck
Last edited by One Twelve; 27th May 2014 at 05:23 PM.
30th May 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

19 posts
Sony's LEDs are quite a bit weaker than those used by other manufacturers. I have never seen any software that even promised to amplify a phone's LED flash, and probably for good reason - the LED may survive repeated short high-intensity bursts but may burn out quickly if used at maximum intensity for an uninterrupted minute.

If the performance of a phone's LED torch is, for whatever reason, one of your priorities, you might be happier with a Samsung. Their LEDs are much more powerful.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread