Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Slimport Analogix SlimPort SP1003 Slow Charge

Tip us?

cheesebox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Slimport Analogix SlimPort SP1003 Slow Charge

Has anyone managed to fast charge their LG G2 when using a slimport for HDMI out? I am using a confirmed fast charge USB cable, but it still slow charges when used with the slimport Analogix SP1003. I am thinking it's either my ROM (Stock 10a), or the slimport just won't allow fast charging on the LG G2?
Phone: LG G2 D802
ROM: 4.2.2 Stock 10b with Xposed Framework
Kernel: Dorimanx V3.7

bigpappa
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebox View Post
Has anyone managed to fast charge their LG G2 when using a slimport for HDMI out? I am using a confirmed fast charge USB cable, but it still slow charges when used with the slimport Analogix SP1003. I am thinking it's either my ROM (Stock 10a), or the slimport just won't allow fast charging on the LG G2?
Have the same one. It will not fast charge. The slimport was not built to accompany fast charge as far as I can tell. Even with the stock g2 charger and cable. Be careful tho. The slimport can and will cause your stock cable usb connector to go wonky the more you use it. Ive replaced mine once already and the second one is going after a month. Use a throw away usb charging cable to plug the slimport in. Just advice, so take it as you will.
Sprint LG G2 >> Current Owner >> Stock, Debloated, Rooted, TWRP'ed
Sprint HTC One >> Current Owner >> Stock, Unrooted (Till Kit Kat Comes)
Sprint Moto Photon >> Current Owner >> Rooted, Docked, Converted to XMBC & Android Media Box
TMO HTC G2 >> Past Owner >> Imo, The best Phone ever made design wise.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigpappa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cheesebox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Update - Fast Charge now working.

I can confirm that the LG G2 will now fast charge via the slimport with Dorimanx kernel 3.0. Link to the thread is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2614400. I tested this earlier and it was charging at over 900mA at times. Charge was increasing by 1% every few minutes.

RyanEJ25
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebox View Post
I can confirm that the LG G2 will now fast charge via the slimport with Dorimanx kernel 3.0. Link to the thread is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2614400. I tested this earlier and it was charging at over 900mA at times. Charge was increasing by 1% every few minutes.
No what happened to the thread!

cheesebox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanEJ25 View Post
No what happened to the thread!
Try http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2614400. There is also now a separate thread for KitKat I believe.