[Q] Rooted 4.4.2 with locked bootloader factory reset safe?

Search This thread

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
Hi, I have a republic wireless moto x I just successfully rooted and updated to 4.4.2 from 4.2.2 with a locked bootloader with no write protection (wp)

Since I updated it to 4.4.2 I have this error that pops up that I can not resolve

"Unfortunately, the process com.motorola.process.system has stopped"

I googled several pages of several website results and several pages of google but can not find the solution.

Solutions found was to:

Safe Mode (I tried this first with no apps installed on non safemode and non system apps updated, didn't work and popped up even on safe mode)
Change date & time method (didn't work)
Wipe Cache (didn't work)
Wipe Cache & dalvik cache (didn't work)

I am debating about factory reset but unsure if it will make me lose my root because I have a locked bootloader (if that matters in anyway I am still new to this, and that my moto x is from republic wireless not like other carriers with unlocked bootloaders).

Please help me and discuss with me how I can get rid of that error.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Hi, I have a republic wireless moto x I just successfully rooted and updated to 4.4.2 from 4.2.2 with a locked bootloader with no write protection (wp)

Since I updated it to 4.4.2 I have this error that pops up that I can not resolve

I googled several pages of several website results and several pages of google but can not find the solution.

Solutions found was to:

Safe Mode (I tried this first with no apps installed on non safemode and non system apps updated, didn't work and popped up even on safe mode)
Wipe Cache (didn't work)

I am debating about factory reset but unsure if it will make me lose my root because I have a locked bootloader (if that matters in anyway I am still new to this, and that my moto x is from republic wireless not like other carriers with unlocked bootloaders).

You shouldn't have done it. You obviously didn't read or follow any of the guides here or you would have known better.

There was ONE (very tricky and convoluted) way of retaining root and it involves SafeStrap.

Sorry to say - there will likely be no root in your future.

A factory reset will most likely not help. You will have to download the 4.4.2 SBF and re-flash the entire stock rom.

There's a guide here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-moto-x-return-to-100-stock-using-t2446515

^ This is the only way to get your phone back to being usable again. MAKE SURE you do NOT try to flash anything but 4.4.2. Flashing a prior version will likely permanently brick your phone.

After this process, the ONLY way you're going to obtain ROOT is to unlock your BL.

I hate to hear this happened to you, but its posted -all over- this forum that you cannot take the 4.4.2 OTA if you are rooted on a previous version. If you had followed the guide, and used Safestrap, you would be OK.....but now its too late. Once you've flashed the 4.4.2 OTA, it updates the bootloader, patching all of the exploits we used previously. Game Over.

Good Luck

Reactions: natezire71

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
You shouldn't have done it. You obviously didn't read or follow any of the guides here or you would have known better.

There was ONE (very tricky and convoluted) way of retaining root and it involves SafeStrap.

A factory reset will most likely not help. You will have to download the 4.4.2 SBF and re-flash the entire stock rom.

There's a guide here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-moto-x-return-to-100-stock-using-t2446515

^ This is the only way to get your phone back to being usable again. MAKE SURE you do NOT try to flash anything but 4.4.2. Flashing a prior version will likely permanently brick your phone.

After this process, the ONLY way you're going to obtain ROOT is to unlock your BL.

I hate to hear this happened to you, but its posted -all over- this forum that you cannot take the 4.4.2 OTA if you are rooted on a previous version. If you had followed the guide, and used Safestrap, you would be OK.....but now its too late. Once you've flashed the 4.4.2 OTA, it updates the bootloader, patching all of the exploits we used previously. Game Over.

Good Luck

I did not have a root before 4.4.2. And I did not take the 4.4.2 OTA. I did follow the guide and have used Safestrap and still have it. What do you mean flash the 4.4.2 OTA? You mean installing it through the update notification? Well I didn't do that if that is what you meant. I flashed through the using the guide to get me no WP, root, and 4.4.2. So am I still doing it wrong?

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I did not have a root before 4.4.2. And I did not take the 4.4.2 OTA. I did follow the guide and have used Safestrap and still have it. What do you mean flash the 4.4.2 OTA? You mean installing it through the update notification? Well I didn't do that if that is what you meant. I flashed through the using the guide to get me no WP, root, and 4.4.2. So am I still doing it wrong?

Sorry for the confusion...

Hmm...you didn't mention safestrap in OP - just that you "successfully rooted and updated to 4.4.2 from 4.2.2"

OK so if you followed the guide exactly your bootloader should still be on the JellyBean bootloader.

Assuming you followed the guide, you can start over. If you're ABSOLUTELY SURE you didn't update to the 4.4.2 bootloader, then I suggest starting from scratch.

Use RSD Lite to restore the 4.2.2 (JellyBean) rom (Again, you've been warned. If theres any possibility you flashed the 4.4.2 bootloader last time, this WILL brick your phone) Also, be careful to NOT flash the 4.4.2 ROM, or you will NOT be able to root as this patches the exploit.

Just follow the guide step-by-step: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-republic-wireless-moto-x-kitkat-4-t2738233

The first step is to restore back the 4.2.2 stock rom, so this is where you should start. Don't forget to re-install safestrap and MotoWpNoMo as described.

Please let us know how it works out.

samwathegreat

Last edited:

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
Sorry for the confusion...

Hmm...you didn't mention safestrap in OP - just that you "successfully rooted and updated to 4.4.2 from 4.2.2"

OK so if you followed the guide exactly your bootloader should still be on the JellyBean bootloader.

Assuming you followed the guide, you can start over. If you're ABSOLUTELY SURE you didn't update to the 4.4.2 bootloader, then I suggest starting from scratch.

Use RSD Lite to restore the 4.2.2 (JellyBean) rom (Again, you've been warned. If theres any possibility you flashed the 4.4.2 bootloader last time, this WILL brick your phone) Also, be careful to NOT flash the 4.4.2 ROM, or you will NOT be able to root as this patches the exploit.

Just follow the guide step-by-step: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-republic-wireless-moto-x-kitkat-4-t2738233

The first step is to restore back the 4.2.2 stock rom, so this is where you should start. Don't forget to re-install safestrap and MotoWpNoMo as described.

Please let us know how it works out.

samwathegreat

Aslo, before I start to do the RSD Lite to restore the 4.2.2. Is there any other way how I can identify what is causing that error "com.motorola.process.system"? And isolate and get rid of that problem somehow or finding that stock app and preventing it from doing that?

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Aslo, before I start to do the RSD Lite to restore the 4.2.2. Is there any other way how I can identify what is causing that error "com.motorola.process.system"? And isolate and get rid of that problem somehow or finding that stock app and preventing it from doing that?

Its extremely difficult to know why you are getting the error, but if you RSD Lite and start over, it will fix this issue.

Far too many people are running safestrap and not receiving the error. Likely there is a file on your device corrupted somewhere. RSD Lite will fix it as it completely restores the all of the partitions.

Just go -slow- step-by-step, and post here if you get confused or have questions. We will get your phone back to normal...

On another note....if you have $45 laying around, I highly suggest you email the gentleman from China. Once unlocked, you won't have to go through this long drawn-out process. You simply SBF back to stock, fastboot flash TWRP, and you're done. TWRP will install su-installer for you.

Your choice. The BL unlock method is best because you have permanent access and can never lose root.

Safestrap method will work as well, but you have to be very careful to not accept any new OTAs until the devs find a solution and post it here.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: androiddoglover6969

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
Its extremely difficult to know why you are getting the error, but if you RSD Lite and start over, it will fix this issue.

Far too many people are running safestrap and not receiving the error. Likely there is a file on your device corrupted somewhere. RSD Lite will fix it as it completely restores the all of the partitions.

Just go -slow- step-by-step, and post here if you get confused or have questions. We will get your phone back to normal...

On another note....if you have $45 laying around, I highly suggest you email the gentleman from China. Once unlocked, you won't have to go through this long drawn-out process. You simply SBF back to stock, fastboot flash TWRP, and you're done. TWRP will install su-installer for you.

Your choice. The BL unlock method is best because you have permanent access and can never lose root.

Safestrap method will work as well, but you have to be very careful to not accept any new OTAs until the devs find a solution and post it here.

Good Luck.

Woops I responded to another post but I am going to expect my bootloader code.

What is the first step from all of this that I should do?

1. SBF = what exactly? Hitting the factory reset button?
2. Fastboot Flash TWRP ? So after SBF. Fastboot Flash TWRP is done in AP Fastboot screen? Stock Recovery Screen? Or what screen exactly?
3. Did the guide I do didn't safestrap (twrp?) installed the su-installer for me as well right? Just wondering.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010

2. Fastboot Flash TWRP ? So after SBF. Fastboot Flash TWRP is done in AP Fastboot screen? Stock Recovery Screen? Or what screen exactly?
3. Did the guide I do didn't safestrap (twrp?) installed the su-installer for me as well right? Just wondering.

1.)

You can find the sbf files (stock rom) here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

Download the correct file for your carrier and try to flash with RSD lite.

You can find a great guide here: http://xdaforums.com/moto...using-t2446515

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO STEP 4 - editing the xml file

If for some reason that doesn't work, let us know what carrier you are on and we can help you with manual flashing commands for your specific carrier.

Basically, an SBF is a complete STOCK image of the original filesystem (all partitions). By SBFing, you will be 100% back to factory stock. This method (SBFing) will actually fix a corrupted filesystem.

A "factory reset" does NOT do this. I highly suggest you do the SBF back to stock, and not try just reseting. If there is corruption, reset won't fix it.

Don't bother setting up any apps yet or setting up the phone. Wait until you complete the entire process.

Yes! You'll flash TWRP from the "AP Fastboot" screen (bootloader).

UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER FIRST. Otherwise you won't be able to flash TWRP custom recovery.

Now unplug the USB cord, and power off your device. Hold down the VOL DOWN button, and power back on. You will now be in bootloader (fastboot) mode. Plug the USB back into the phone now.

You must have "mfastboot" downloaded. You'll type:

mfastboot flash recovery twrp_file_you_downloaded.img (obviously replace with the actual filename)

You can find complete instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/development/recovery-unlocked-twrp-2-6-3-1-android-t2534850

P.S. If the download link for TWRP in the original post does not work, look near the end of the thread. Someone else re-uploaded it.

Its entirely possible that something went afoul during your flashing process. I doubt the guide is to blame, because nearly everyone reported success. Sometimes things just go wrong...?

Good Luck.

Last edited:

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
1.)

You can find the sbf files (stock rom) here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

If for some reason that doesn't work, let us know what carrier you are on and we can help you with manual flashing commands for your specific carrier.

Basically, an SBF is a complete STOCK image of the original filesystem (all partitions). By SBFing, you will be 100% back to factory stock. This method (SBFing) will actually fix a corrupted filesystem.

A "factory reset" does NOT do this. I highly suggest you do the SBF back to stock, and not try just reseting. If there is corruption, reset won't fix it.

Yes! You'll flash TWRP from the "AP Fastboot" screen (bootloader). You must have "mfastboot" downloaded. You'll type:

mfastboot flash recovery twrp_file_you_downloaded.img (obviously replace with the actual filename)

You can find complete instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/development/recovery-unlocked-twrp-2-6-3-1-android-t2534850

P.S. If the download link for TWRP in the original post does not work, look near the end of the thread. Someone else re-uploaded it.

Its entirely possible that something went afoul during your flashing process. I doubt the guide is to blame, because nearly everyone reported success. Sometimes things just go wrong...?

Good Luck.

On step 1. It is republic wireless 4.4.2 that I should download right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also is there RSDlite for mac or similar software? I tried to google it and xda'd it but I don't think there is. Or any other way to flash it into it.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
On step 1. It is republic wireless 4.4.2 that I should download right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also is there RSDlite for mac or similar software? I tried to google it and xda'd it but I don't think there is. Or any other way to flash it into it.

If you have already received your code, yes, you should flash republic 4.4.2

If you haven't...just wait until you have it for sure. Once you flash 4.4.2 theres no going back. As long as you get unlock code, this is no problem....you'll be able to root regardless.

But, if for any reason he doesn't have your code (unlikely), you'll never be able to root once on 4.4.2....

As of right now (If I understand you completely), since you followed the safestrap guide, you SHOULD be on the jellybean bootloader, so the steps would be different if you didn't have an unlock code (and wanted to retain root).

Don't worry about any of this until we know for sure if you can get unlocked. In the unlikely event you don't get a code, post back here and I will step you through it.

Otherwise (if you get code), yes, start by using RSD Lite to flash the Republic Wireless 4.4.2 SFB per my previous instructions.

EDIT:

Just read the part about being on a MAC. AFAIK, there is no RSD Lite for Mac. We will have to go another route, unless you want to install windows inside a virtual machine....The dev that created the Mac Tooklit sold his X, and its no longer supported.

We will just do manual flashing...make sure you downloaded the "mfastboot" and followed all instructions on the RSD Lite thread I linked, EXCEPT follow the "Manual Flashing" instructions instead.

Extract the Republic Wireless SBF zip file Put the contents in to the same folder where fastboot and mfastboot are located. Here are the commands you will type after booting your X Into bootloader (Fastboot mode):

***Notice that mfastboot is used to flash the system.img. DONT try to use regular fastboot. Just type these commands one at a time.

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot oem config carrier sprint ***be sure to type sprint. RW is a sprint MVNO, and I checked the xml file and this is the correct command for the Republic Wireless rom.
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear

Now reboot. Expect it to take a little longer than normal for the first boot-up. Congrats! You're now on 4.4.2 and your corruption issue will be a thing of the past.

Now Complete steps 2 & 3

Last edited:

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013

If you haven't...just wait until you have it for sure. Once you flash 4.4.2 theres no going back. As long as you get unlock code, this is no problem....you'll be able to root regardless.

But, if for any reason he doesn't have your code (unlikely), you'll never be able to root once on 4.4.2....

As of right now (If I understand you completely), since you followed the safestrap guide, you SHOULD be on the jellybean bootloader, so the steps would be different if you didn't have an unlock code (and wanted to retain root).

Don't worry about any of this until we know for sure if you can get unlocked. In the unlikely event you don't get a code, post back here and I will step you through it.

Otherwise (if you get code), yes, start by using RSD Lite to flash the Republic Wireless 4.4.2 SFB per my previous instructions.

EDIT:

Just read the part about being on a MAC. AFAIK, there is no RSD Lite for Mac. We will have to go another route, unless you want to install windows inside a virtual machine....The dev that created the Mac Tooklit sold his X, and its no longer supported.

We will just do manual flashing...make sure you downloaded the "mfastboot" and followed all instructions on the RSD Lite thread I linked, EXCEPT follow the "Manual Flashing" instructions instead.

Extract the Republic Wireless SBF zip file Put the contents in to the same folder where fastboot and mfastboot are located. Here are the commands you will type after booting your X Into bootloader (Fastboot mode):

***Notice that mfastboot is used to flash the system.img. DONT try to use regular fastboot. Just type these commands one at a time.

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot oem config carrier sprint ***be sure to type sprint. RW is a sprint MVNO, and I checked the xml file and this is the correct command for the Republic Wireless rom.

Now reboot. Expect it to take a little longer than normal for the first boot-up. Congrats! You're now on 4.4.2 and your corruption issue will be a thing of the past.

Now Complete steps 2 & 3

So what you showed me on manual way was if I was to install virtual windows right? Also that link showed it was 4.4 not 4.4.2... so am I still good or I shouldn't do that method? Thanks again for your effort.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
So what you showed me on manual way was if I was to install virtual windows right? Also that link showed it was 4.4 not 4.4.2... so am I still good or I shouldn't do that method? Thanks again for your effort.

No. What I showed you was the manual fastboot method. This will run on Mac natively. You'll have to download the android SDK for mac, and install, then download the mfastboot binary (either 32 or 64 bit) here: https://gist.github.com/crazed/7670423 *** after you download the file (moto-fastboot-osx64), RENAME it to mfastboot.

Although the link on how to SBF back to stock shows android 4.4, it doesn't matter. The SBF process is the same no matter which version you are on. You just need to download the right carrier/version from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

Not to confuse you but if you were to install virtual windows, you could probably use the rsd lite method.

Do one but not both. The native (manual) version should be simpler for you. I had assumed you already had the necessary android SDK since you said you went through the whole safestrap process and everything. Were you on a different computer when you did that?

Have you received your code yet? Hold off on SBFing until you have it in hand.

Last edited:

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
No. What I showed you was the manual fastboot method. This will run on Mac natively. You'll have to download the android SDK for mac, and install, then download the mfastboot binary (either 32 or 64 bit) here: https://gist.github.com/crazed/7670423 *** after you download the file (moto-fastboot-osx64), RENAME it to mfastboot.

Although the link on how to SBF back to stock shows android 4.4, it doesn't matter. The SBF process is the same no matter which version you are on. You just need to download the right carrier/version from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

Not to confuse you but if you were to install virtual windows, you could probably use the rsd lite method.

Do one but not both. The native (manual) version should be simpler for you. I had assumed you already had the necessary android SDK since you said you went through the whole safestrap process and everything. Were you on a different computer when you did that?

Havn't got the code yet. And I did the motowpnomo on windows 8. Everything else did on mac.

Just got my code at 23hrs.

I just wanted to do add onto the process and make minor adjustments to make it clear.

Did Step 1.
and then at the end
He will say reboot, but don't go waiting to install your apps or update it or setting it up. Just start it up normal power up. Then when it says select language (not sure if needs debugging or not but I did) go to developer options by clicking on settings. go all the way down to "about phone" tap on "build number" a couple times you will see developer options pop up. Go back and go down to developer options and go find usb debugging. Then hit accept on phone pop up when usb debugging is enabled so your phone trust your computer. then do ./adb reboot bootloader

It should get you into ap fastboot mode then do my step 2.

Step 2 - Unlock bootloader before doing mfastboot-ing the twrp so you don't get the
invalid image size on your phone
or
writing 'recovery'... INFOPreflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure) on your terminal

So by doing this to unlock bootloader

fastboot getvar all
then
fastboot oem unlock CODEHERE

Should give you a "unlock" blue text with black screen.

Then the step 2 mentioned by samwathegreat for TWRP which will download the file without the invalidity error message on both computer or moto x on ap fastboot screen.

Then step 3. I used the Down arrow to select "recovery" which gave me the TWRP screen.

Step 4. I went into the TWRP screen and hit reboot and a pop up for SuperSU popped up notifying me to install SuperSU. Swipe next and it'll install and then voila!

Step 5. Click on SuperSu app and it should reboot and try to install.

Step 6. Hit the thanks button to samwathegreat

Last edited:

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Havn't got the code yet. And I did the motowpnomo on windows 8. Everything else did on mac.

Just got my code at 23hrs.

I just wanted to do add onto the process and make minor adjustments to make it clear.

Did Step 1.
and then at the end
He will say reboot, but don't go waiting to install your apps or update it or setting it up. Just start it up normal power up. Then when it says select language (not sure if needs debugging or not but I did) go to developer options by clicking on settings. go all the way down to "about phone" tap on "build number" a couple times you will see developer options pop up. Go back and go down to developer options and go find usb debugging. Then hit accept on phone pop up when usb debugging is enabled so your phone trust your computer. then do ./adb reboot bootloader

It should get you into ap fastboot mode then do my step 2.

Step 2 - Unlock bootloader before doing mfastboot-ing the twrp so you don't get the
invalid image size on your phone
or
writing 'recovery'... INFOPreflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure) on your terminal

So by doing this to unlock bootloader

fastboot getvar all
then
fastboot oem unlock CODEHERE

Should give you a "unlock" blue text with black screen.

Then the step 2 mentioned by samwathegreat for TWRP which will download the file without the invalidity error message on both computer or moto x on ap fastboot screen.

Then step 3. I used the Down arrow to select "recovery" which gave me the TWRP screen.

Step 4. I went into the TWRP screen and hit reboot and a pop up for SuperSU popped up notifying me to install SuperSU. Swipe next and it'll install and then voila!

Step 5. Click on SuperSu app and it should reboot and try to install.

Step 6. Hit the thanks button to samwathegreat

Excellent! Thanks for pointing that the instructions didn't specify that you must unlock your BL before flashing TWRP. Edited Post # 8 to include the step. You can also unlock BL before you start any of the steps, but must do it before flashing custom recovery as you have pointed out.

I did suggest a slightly different method, however, that doesn't require enabling developer options or usb debugging. If you unplug the phone and power it off, you can get straight into fastboot mode without 'adb reboot bootloader'. You just hold down VOL DOWN, and power it on. Then you plug the USB cord back in. It only works if you unplug the phone first....for some reason if you leave it plugged in, you can't power off the phone...it just immediately reboots.

So, to wrap this all up, just a couple more questions:

Did you complete the entire process on your Mac? And can you confirm that the error you were originally receiving (in Original Post) is no longer popping up?

And finally, check out xposed framework installer and "gravity box" mod. You can do some really cool mods with gravity box. I suggest you boot into TWRP and make a nandroid backup -just in case- before you go playing around with xposed.

Have fun.

Last edited:

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
Excellent! Thanks for pointing that the instructions didn't specify that you must unlock your BL before flashing TWRP. Edited Post # 8 to include the step. You can also unlock BL before you start any of the steps, but must do it before flashing custom recovery as you have pointed out.

I did suggest a slightly different method, however, that doesn't require enabling developer options or usb debugging. If you unplug the phone and power it off, you can get straight into fastboot mode without 'adb reboot bootloader'. You just hold down VOL DOWN, and power it on. Then you plug the USB cord back in. It only works if you unplug the phone first....for some reason if you leave it plugged in, you can't power off the phone...it just immediately reboots.

So, to wrap this all up, just a couple more questions:

Did you complete the entire process on your Mac? And can you confirm that the error you were originally receiving (in Original Post) is no longer popping up?

And finally, check out xposed framework installer and "gravity box" mod. You can do some really cool mods with gravity box. I suggest you boot into TWRP and make a nandroid backup -just in case- before you go playing around with xposed.

Have fun.

Yes I complete the whole process on the Mac. Yes the original error is no longer popping up. What is a nandroid back up? I did a back up after I installed all my apps and updated it and dragged that copy to my desktop and uploaded it to my cloud.

I hear about xposed framework and gravity box but I have no clue what it looks like and also forgot what nandroid is but I'll look it up.

And yes android reboots can't stay on shut down when cord is connected. Which is funny.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Yes I complete the whole process on the Mac. Yes the original error is no longer popping up. What is a nandroid back up? I did a back up after I installed all my apps and updated it and dragged that copy to my desktop and uploaded it to my cloud.

I hear about xposed framework and gravity box but I have no clue what it looks like and also forgot what nandroid is but I'll look it up.

And yes android reboots can't stay on shut down when cord is connected. Which is funny.

If you backed up from within custom recovery (TWRP), thats the same thing. Some recoveries call them ''backup', some 'nandroid'....same thing.

Thanks for the final follow-up. Take care...

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
If you backed up from within custom recovery (TWRP), thats the same thing. Some recoveries call them ''backup', some 'nandroid'....same thing.

Thanks for the final follow-up. Take care...

Also I installed everything I needed to from gravitybox and well framework xposed too. Which is very similar to jailbreak tweaks on the iPhone.

Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Solutions found was to:

Wipe Cache (didn't work)

Good Luck

Good Luck.

1.)

Don't bother setting up any apps yet or setting up the phone. Wait until you complete the entire process.

Yes! You'll flash TWRP from the "AP Fastboot" screen (bootloader).

UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER FIRST. Otherwise you won't be able to flash TWRP custom recovery.

Now unplug the USB cord, and power off your device. Hold down the VOL DOWN button, and power back on. You will now be in bootloader (fastboot) mode. Plug the USB back into the phone now.

You must have "mfastboot" downloaded. You'll type:

Good Luck.

EDIT:

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase customize
    fastboot erase clogo

Now Complete steps 2 & 3