Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

How to root 8.4 WiFi with a Mac?

OP coolqf

22nd May 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 34

237 posts
More
Question in subject line. I have a Maverick OS x computer. I've searched the net and the solutions I find are not for our tablet. I tried some solutions that were for other tablets but that was fruitless :*(

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
25th May 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #2  
Paso Robles, CA
Thanks Meter: 20

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolqf

Question in subject line. I have a Maverick OS x computer. I've searched the net and the solutions I find are not for our tablet. I tried some solutions that were for other tablets but that was fruitless :*(

I haven't tried it, but this might work for you: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Insta...r_mondrianwifi.

I use Bootcamp and Windows 7 on my mac. Not the cheapest way but a lot easier for rooting. Also lots of side benefits to having Windows available as well.

Hope this helps.
29th May 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Istanbul

237 posts
More
I ended up just installing a virtual machine.

30th May 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #4  
Paso Robles, CA

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolqf

I ended up just installing a virtual machine.

Are you able to root using a virtual machine? It's been several years since I tried and had a lot of problems with using them. That's why I went the Bootcamp route.
30th May 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Istanbul

237 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymacs

Are you able to root using a virtual machine? It's been several years since I tried and had a lot of problems with using them. That's why I went the Bootcamp route.

Yup. It ran like a normal windows install. I just odined root and TWRP. I ran VMware fusion 6.03 standard with Windows 7 Pro and all the latest updates. The only thing I had to change was, on the virtual machine, configure the USB ports to run in 2.0 mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to coolqf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #6  
Paso Robles, CA

76 posts
More
Thanks for the info.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread