Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Review of Panzer Glass (Tempered Glass screen protector) for LG G2

Tip us?

bjQrnen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rubbery surface?

Am I the only one finding the panzerglass surface subpar to original gorilla glass? IMHO the rubbery surface poses way to much restistance when swiping etc.

Could I have bought a fake?

mozman
Old
Thanks Meter 173
How does the screen protector fit either a case? What case r u using with it. Thank you.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sprint HTC Hero > HTC EVO 3D

vPro97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjQrnen View Post
Am I the only one finding the panzerglass surface subpar to original gorilla glass? IMHO the rubbery surface poses way to much restistance when swiping etc.

Could I have bought a fake?
That's possible! I don't really notice that problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozman View Post
How does the screen protector fit either a case? What case r u using with it. Thank you.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm using the Spigen Slim Armour case and it fits nicely. There's a small gap between the edges of the screen protector and the lips of the case.
Please hit the "Thanks" button if you found my post useful !

Optimise the battery life of your LG G2 without root!
The Following User Says Thank You to vPro97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bjQrnen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97 View Post
That's possible! I don't really notice that problem!
I soon found out that the instructions were wrong, but too late, the silicone was terrible afterwards. Quite embarrassing to screw up at such a simple task after changing digitizer in several smartphones - but surely it is not all my fault.

However, i did learn that Panzer Glass has absolutely non existing customer service. To all potential Panzer Glass buyers: Please consider buying some generic "tempered glass protection" at ebay, for 1/4 of the price(!), it feels exactly the same!

vPro97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjQrnen View Post
I soon found out that the instructions were wrong, but too late, the silicone was terrible afterwards. Quite embarrassing to screw up at such a simple task after changing digitizer in several smartphones - but surely it is not all my fault.

However, i did learn that Panzer Glass has absolutely non existing customer service. To all potential Panzer Glass buyers: Please consider buying some generic "tempered glass protection" at ebay, for 1/4 of the price(!), it feels exactly the same!
You are most mistaken about that. At least I was treated extremely good when I purchased mine 4-5 months ago. I'll send you a PM containing the E-mail to the director of it hoping you can get your issue solved.
Please hit the "Thanks" button if you found my post useful !

Optimise the battery life of your LG G2 without root!