Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 battery consumption

Tip us?

dezmond06
Old
(Last edited by dezmond06; 13th May 2014 at 09:26 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default CM11 battery consumption

Hello!
Could anybody share his experience while using CM11 and share his battery consumption values (how much time phone can live without recharge)?
According my personal arbitrary opinion CM11 for Relay is wasting battery enormously! If using actively and extensively I should recharge battery almost in 6-10 hours. If in more light mode - in 20-24 hours. I think this is abnormal.

orange808
Old
(Last edited by orange808; 13th May 2014 at 07:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmond06 View Post
Hello!
Could anybody share his experience while using CM11 and share his battery consumtion values (how much time phone can live without recharge)?
According my personal arbitrary opinion CM11 for Relay is wasting battery enormously! If using actively and extensively I should recharge battery almost in 6-10 hours. If in more light mode - in 20-24 hours. I think this is abnormal.
Define how you are using the device. Is this a wake lock issue or is the device draining "too fast" when you are using it? How is your device configured? Is GPS on all the time? What applications are installed?

What kernel are you using? Did you do a clean install? Are you dirty flashing between CM11 and the Liquid rom?

The possibilities are limitless.

On the stock battery, an OpenGL stress test takes 3:40 (three hours and forty minutes) to completely exhaust a full charge. That's on the official CM11, clean installed, max brightness, interactive governor, with good network signal, GPS disabled, gapps installed, and no spyware apps (like Facebook) on my device.

The screen should be your number one power consumer and you should be getting about 4 hours of real world "screen on time" out of a charge on the official CM11. At least, that is my experience.
while(devo){
feed;
breed;
pump gas;
cheeseburger;
}
*/ Do it again!

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange808 View Post
Define how you are using the device. Is this a wake lock issue or is the device draining "too fast" when you are using it? How is your device configured? Is GPS on all the time? What applications are installed?

What kernel are you using? Did you do a clean install? Are you dirty flashing between CM11 and the Liquid rom?

The possibilities are limitless.

On the stock battery, an OpenGL stress test takes 3:40 (three hours and forty minutes) to completely exhaust a full charge. That's on the official CM11, clean installed, max brightness, interactive governor, with good network signal, GPS disabled, gapps installed, and no spyware apps (like Facebook) on my device.

The screen should be your number one power consumer and you should be getting about 4 hours of real world "screen on time" out of a charge on the official CM11. At least, that is my experience.
to add to this my roms should ONLY be dirty flashed with same rom..not my other roms or anyone elses...same should go for all other roms as well...its just a general given
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

dezmond06
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Details

Quote:
Define how you are using the device. Is this a wake lock issue or is the device draining "too fast" when you are using it?
No this is not wake lock. I'm facing that while actively using the phone. In the idle mode it can work up to 24 hours and maybe more.

Quote:
How is your device configured? Is GPS on all the time? What applications are installed?
No, I use GPS rarely. Almost never.
My apps are listed on this screenshot.

Quote:
Kernel version:
3.4.84-cyanogenmod-g84bct5f
build03@cyanogenmod #1
Sat Apr 5 09:35:05 PDT 2014

Quote:
Thus this OpenGL test result can be a mesaurement standard for me? If my result is less then some settings are wrong?

Quote:
Okay, I'll measure my screen up time.

dezmond06
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default OpenGL

Quote:
On the stock battery, an OpenGL stress test takes 3:40 (three hours and forty minutes) to completely exhaust a full charge.
Could you please clarify what OpenGL test you mean? Give its link in Googple Play

orange808
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmond06 View Post
Could you please clarify what OpenGL test you mean? Give its link in Googple Play
I just modify existing code to make a quick and dirty stress test. I'm not sending you my app or source.

There is a useful test that you can repeat easily. Build a video playlist in your favorite player of files that you have on a cloud service. Loop the playlist and let the device stream video until the battery dies.
while(devo){
feed;
breed;
pump gas;
cheeseburger;
}
*/ Do it again!
Tags
battery, cm11, consumption, recharge