LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] GT-I9195L installing ROM

OP alexmurr152

30th May 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I just got a S4 mini (with 4.2.2), and i rooted it and instaled custom recovery (CWM). I did NOT trigered Knox. I have Super SU now. I just want to know if i can download and install this rom (through recovery) without trigering any alert or bricking my phone. i dont ask in the ROM threat because im not allowed to. I apreciate your help!

ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2552363

Firmware: I9195LUBUAMF3
Compilation Num.: jdq39.i9195l_4.2.2_0023
30th May 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 73

291 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmurr152

I just got a S4 mini (with 4.2.2), and i rooted it and instaled custom recovery (CWM). I did NOT trigered Knox. I have Super SU now. I just want to know if i can download and install this rom (through recovery) without trigering any alert or bricking my phone. i dont ask in the ROM threat because im not allowed to. I apreciate your help!

ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2552363

Firmware: I9195LUBUAMF3
Compilation Num.: jdq39.i9195l_4.2.2_0023

Flash anything through ODIN will trigger knox. Which is interesting since you have CWM, and that requires ODIN... Are you sure you phone has KNOX?

And to answer you other question, yes CWM can flash almost all custom/modded ROM.
30th May 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 168

727 posts
More
If you have cwm you can flash any rom

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk
30th May 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS

Flash anything through ODIN will trigger knox. Which is interesting since you have CWM, and that requires ODIN... Are you sure you phone has KNOX?

And to answer you other question, yes CWM can flash almost all custom/modded ROM.

Yes i had Knox and i could do it. I installed the CWM through odin an then i installed super su. i didnt got the Knox alert. then i froze Knox with root uninstaller
30th May 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 226

630 posts
More
Quote:

Yes i had Knox and i could do it. I installed the CWM through odin an then i installed super su. i didnt got the Knox alert. then i froze Knox with root uninstaller

if you tripped knox it'll show up in the download mode, not only in the system on stock
30th May 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 438

1,338 posts
More
Quote:

You actually did trigger Knox then, probably. Boot into download mode (hold Vol-Down and Power during boot) and look at the like that says, "KNOX WARRANTY VOID". If that line says 0x1, you have triggered Knox.

That said, triggering Knox isn't so bad. You can still install custom ROMs, and yes, you can flash the one in your link. You should back up your stuff and do a full wipe when installing it though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread