Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrade to Custom ROM SGS1

Tip us?

Andro_Xone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Upgrade to Custom ROM SGS1

Hi
i have a samsung galaxy s1 with stock ROM Eclair 2.1-update, and i want to flash it with CM7 or CM9,
so is no need to upgrade to FROYO first and then to CM7,or just installing cwm in eclair then flash it with CM7?
sorry, i have terrible english

Andro_Xone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro_Xone View Post
Hi
i have a samsung galaxy s1 with stock ROM Eclair 2.1-update, and i want to flash it with CM7 or CM9,
so is no need to upgrade to FROYO first and then to CM7,or just installing cwm in eclair then flash it with CM7?
sorry, i have terrible english
No one can't reply , why ??

strazdas007
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No one can't reply , why ??
Hey Don't panic. I was n00b like you probably are. Just follow flashing guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2444308

You don't need to upgrade anything

I'd reccomend to start with CM11 nightly which is pretty stable http://get.cm/get/e3f

That's all

Maritus1
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Hi Andro_xone,

welcome to xda.
An alternative may be to update your galaxy s to frodo (Android 2.3) using Samsung Kies Software,
and after this follow the offical guide by the cyanogen mod team, you can find it there: wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_galaxysmtd

Through strazdas007 has recommended you to use cm11 nightly version, i would rather stick with the M versions, at the downloads they're called snapshot version! This are tested builds in contrast to the daily releasing nighlty builds.
You can find all downloads here download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=galaxysmtd

Greetings!

Andro_Xone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritus1 View Post
Hi Andro_xone,

welcome to xda.
An alternative may be to update your galaxy s to frodo (Android 2.3) using Samsung Kies Software,
and after this follow the offical guide by the cyanogen mod team, you can find it there: wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_galaxysmtd

Through strazdas007 has recommended you to use cm11 nightly version, i would rather stick with the M versions, at the downloads they're called snapshot version! This are tested builds in contrast to the daily releasing nighlty builds.
You can find all downloads here download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=galaxysmtd

Greetings!
thanks, but my USB port in the phone was broken so i can't update it from kies or Odin, if their any other method to upgrade my phone , i will appreciate

L33TaS
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
thanks, but my USB port in the phone was broken so i can't update it from kies or Odin, if their any other method to upgrade my phone , i will appreciate
I would suggest, getting it fixed. if you would brick your phone, it would be the end then.