Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Note 3 KitKat update has completely broken notifications.

OP istrikerx

29th May 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
I had the same problem with WhatsApp notification
And I figured out that was happening because I hibernated google play store app
30th May 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

110 posts
Just a quick message to say that the NE3 build seems to have fixed my cell standby issue, but ofcourse this is more than likely down to the full odin flash.

Hopefully it stays that way. Will test notifications during my work day tomorrow.

Yet another thing I forgot to add. Notifications have always worked properly when there is music playing to an external device. I assume this is down to the fact that the phone is always awake, and not in deep sleep like it normally is.

Android system and Android OS are both firmly back at the top of my battery usage as per the 4.4.2 norm. Strangely though I can't get the screen usage up at all.
30th May 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 15

169 posts
weird. I have had 0 problems with NE3. Are you sure that you didn't greenify \ deactivate \appops stuff you shouldn't ?

i would love to have cell standby up on top as opposed to Android OS \ Android system though i did see a big leap in standby battery life comming to NE3 from ND3 and they were still on top.
30th May 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #14  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 663

730 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by istrikerx

Strangely enough, notifications work fine when paired with the Galaxy Gear I got free with it. I just rarely use it due to the nature of my workplace.

I probably should have added, the notifications only come through a few seconds after the phone is unlocked. You can visibly see the phone begin to access the network via the icon, and once it downloads, notifications pop.

And worth mentioning that this happens regardless of wifi access point, and on both 2G/3G and on LTE.

Sounds like background data is off.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NE6) SM-N900T
30th May 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fookea

weird. I have had 0 problems with NE3. Are you sure that you didn't greenify \ deactivate \appops stuff you shouldn't ?

i would love to have cell standby up on top as opposed to Android OS \ Android system though i did see a big leap in standby battery life comming to NE3 from ND3 and they were still on top.

NE3 seems to be significantly better than the ND6 build I was originally on. I can't judge battery life as ND6 was completely broken where tracking battery health, charge, etc was concerned. But I will say that it seems much more accurate.

So far notifications are working flawlessly while I have my flip cover installed. Hopefully it lasts.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread