Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 KitKat update has completely broken notifications.

Tip us?

mm_alhashmi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had the same problem with WhatsApp notification
And I figured out that was happening because I hibernated google play store app

istrikerx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just a quick message to say that the NE3 build seems to have fixed my cell standby issue, but ofcourse this is more than likely down to the full odin flash.

Hopefully it stays that way. Will test notifications during my work day tomorrow.

Yet another thing I forgot to add. Notifications have always worked properly when there is music playing to an external device. I assume this is down to the fact that the phone is always awake, and not in deep sleep like it normally is.

Android system and Android OS are both firmly back at the top of my battery usage as per the 4.4.2 norm. Strangely though I can't get the screen usage up at all.

fookea
Old
Thanks Meter 15
weird. I have had 0 problems with NE3. Are you sure that you didn't greenify \ deactivate \appops stuff you shouldn't ?

i would love to have cell standby up on top as opposed to Android OS \ Android system though i did see a big leap in standby battery life comming to NE3 from ND3 and they were still on top.

toastido
Old
Thanks Meter 275

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by istrikerx View Post
Strangely enough, notifications work fine when paired with the Galaxy Gear I got free with it. I just rarely use it due to the nature of my workplace.

I probably should have added, the notifications only come through a few seconds after the phone is unlocked. You can visibly see the phone begin to access the network via the icon, and once it downloads, notifications pop.

And worth mentioning that this happens regardless of wifi access point, and on both 2G/3G and on LTE.
Sounds like background data is off.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NE6) SM-N900T
If I've helped you, hit the Thanks! button!

Devices:
2012 ASUS Nexus 7 - KitKat 4.4.4 Stock ROM - leanKernel(grouper) v4.0
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Stock ROM(TW) - leanKernel(N900T) v3.4

istrikerx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fookea View Post
weird. I have had 0 problems with NE3. Are you sure that you didn't greenify \ deactivate \appops stuff you shouldn't ?

i would love to have cell standby up on top as opposed to Android OS \ Android system though i did see a big leap in standby battery life comming to NE3 from ND3 and they were still on top.
NE3 seems to be significantly better than the ND6 build I was originally on. I can't judge battery life as ND6 was completely broken where tracking battery health, charge, etc was concerned. But I will say that it seems much more accurate.

So far notifications are working flawlessly while I have my flip cover installed. Hopefully it lasts.