Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poetic Atmosphere

Tip us?

RENEGAD3
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Mine came today, definatly not the perfect case for this phone but it is very good, i love it, has the tinyest lip so you know when you reach the end of the screen but just enough lip so the phone isnt in the screen when face down

Pure+
Old
Thanks Meter 350
So I have finally done to my case what poetic should've done in the first place. I removed the silicon lip from the back part of the case the surrounds the power button. It was super easy to do. I simply, with a pocket knife, cut into the silicon and after making the cuts on either side of the portion I wanted removed it simply peeled off. I then used my knife to lightly whittle away at the plastic. I did so at an angle that would slant the back of the case inward toward the back of the phone make it less obtrusive and more flush with the phone itself. Obviously this part would have worked better with a dremel tool, but I don't posses one. all that is left to do is sand down the area I cut away at so it is smoother and looks less like its been cut at all. The goal is to look as unmodified as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0007.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	2766489   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0008.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	2766490   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0009.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	2766491  

projectD
Old
Thanks Meter 2
im guessing the point of cutting that out is...to reach the power button easier?
I don't see the problem with that 1mm elevation from the power button personally.

Then again i hardly use the power button and usually just use the gestures to unlock the phone.

Pure+
Old
Thanks Meter 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectD View Post
im guessing the point of cutting that out is...to reach the power button easier?
I don't see the problem with that 1mm elevation from the power button personally.

Then again i hardly use the power button and usually just use the gestures to unlock the phone.
Yes that was the point. The lip just made it awkward often times because I reach up for the button and because of how tall the phone is compared to most I'd just end up feeling the edge and never fining the button without looking. Sounds silly I know, it's on the right side how hard could it be? But trimming it down like that just makes it even more mindless and easy.

Sent from my nV:M8

projectD
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure+ View Post
Yes that was the point. The lip just made it awkward often times because I reach up for the button and because of how tall the phone is compared to most I'd just end up feeling the edge and never fining the button without looking. Sounds silly I know, it's on the right side how hard could it be? But trimming it down like that just makes it even more mindless and easy.

Sent from my nV:M8
hey whatever makes it more comfortable for ya
i guess since i'm coming from an S3, im basically used to the size of the phone as its only slightly bigger
what I do have to get used to is the power button on top, since samsung sticks their power buttons on the right side and volume rocker on the left

I keep pressing the volume rocker up to unlock my phone. Which is why i like the double tap the unlock on the M8 or the default swipe up lol.