FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

HTC One M8 at Amazon Wireless - $100 w/contract

24th May 2014, 04:29 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Hey everyone - not sure if this is well-known or not (or if this type of thread is appropriate in this section), but Amazon wireless is selling the HTC One M8 (both colors) for Verizon for both new lines and eligible upgrades for $100 with a new contract.

This was a surprise to me (it was $200 direct from VZW) - and their customer service was fantastic. I couldn't find a next day shipping option on the page, but I ended up chatting with their customer care, and they connected me (via phone) to their wireless team, and they intercepted my order and upgrade me to one-day shipping at no charge. (I am a prime member so that may have helped).

Just thought I would share...

https://www.amazon.com/HTC-One-M8-Gu...SIN=B00IZ1W8JW
 
 
24th May 2014, 04:35 PM |#2  
spotmark's Avatar
Senior Member
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 774
 
More
Once a phone has been out for a month or two, Amazon is almost always a better buy.
24th May 2014, 06:40 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotmark

Once a phone has been out for a month or two, Amazon is almost always a better buy.

Got it...

It was my first experience ordering a phone from Amazon. My last couple of phones have been purchased at the VZW stores on launch day (Galaxy Nexus and then the Note 2). I guess it "pays" to wait a couple months before buying!
28th May 2014, 10:07 PM |#4  
PsiPhiDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 638
 
More
Just recently vzw had a deal where you got $100 off any smartphone costing $199 or more, so I got my M8 through Verizon directly for $99. Not sure if that's still going on or not. Either way, Amazon is pretty much a better deal for almost any purchase you make, haha. Phone or not

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th May 2014, 07:50 AM |#5  
projectD's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiPhiDan

Just recently vzw had a deal where you got $100 off any smartphone costing $199 or more, so I got my M8 through Verizon directly for $99. Not sure if that's still going on or not. Either way, Amazon is pretty much a better deal for almost any purchase you make, haha. Phone or not

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

same here, i got my M8 last week from VZW for $99.99
had to pay the $30 activation though, but it was worth it to keep my Unlimited data
30th May 2014, 01:47 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectD

same here, i got my M8 last week from VZW for $99.99
had to pay the $30 activation though, but it was worth it to keep my Unlimited data

How are you keeping unlimited data when buying a phone on a 2-year contract?
30th May 2014, 03:50 PM |#7  
projectD's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72

How are you keeping unlimited data when buying a phone on a 2-year contract?

Transferred my upgrade to another line, activated then deactivated and put the phone on my line
30th May 2014, 05:53 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Ah. Got it. The unlimited data ship sailed for me when my wife added her mom to our plan. :-|

Sent from my HTC One M8
30th May 2014, 06:32 PM |#9  
projectD's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72

Ah. Got it. The unlimited data ship sailed for me when my wife added her mom to our plan. :-|

Sent from my HTC One M8

yeah im still grandfathered into the old family share plans where its $10.00 per additional line + data charges.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes