How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[root] Xperia ZL Noob Method .230 FW (C6503)

OP ikentoy

26th May 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreIrawan97

well, i'm going to flash a kernel

have you unlock the bootloader of your phone?
26th May 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #22  
AndreIrawan97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denpasar
Thanks Meter: 51
 
454 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikentoy

have you unlock the bootloader of your phone?

no...
So.. i need to unlock it first?
26th May 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #23  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreIrawan97

no...
So.. i need to unlock it first?

Yes.. please follow this link How to UNLOCK BOOTLOADER SONY XPERIA DEVICES.

27th May 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #24  
AndreIrawan97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denpasar
Thanks Meter: 51
 
454 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikentoy

Yes.. please follow this link How to UNLOCK BOOTLOADER SONY XPERIA DEVICES.

I'm done unlocking it...
So, at first it says FAILED (remote: Command not allowed), and i try it again it says OKAY

And after i unlocking it, i try to select the Kernel..
But still says FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)....
Why?

**EDIT**
Nevermind...
Mine stuck in bootloop now..
Last edited by AndreIrawan97; 27th May 2014 at 03:02 AM.
27th May 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #25  
Member
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 3
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikentoy

Hi Guys I would like to share what I've learn here in XDA on how to root our Xperia ZL running latest FW .230 (C6503) Kitkat.

Note:
This method might work on other C650X devices. Im using C6503

What you need:

Computer
Flashtool
Kitkat Firmware (you can get them here)
Kernel with Recovery (you can get that here in XDA. Im using .101 kernel with recovery here)
SuperSU (please look that up here in XDA)

Step 1:

Update to Kitkat (skip if you are already in Kitkat)

Step 2:
Copy SuperSU zip in you Internal Memory

Step 3:
Run Flashtool and connect your phone as Fastboot (switch off then connect phone while holding down the Volume Up key)

Step 4:
Using Fastboot press the lighning button then select Fastboot and select kernel to flash

Step 5:
Unplug Device then boot in to recovery. (after sony logo comes up keep pressing volume up key to enter in recovery mode). Select SuperSU.zip then flash. Once successfull switch off the device using the Recovery (power off device is normally located in advanced options).

Step 6:
Flash back stock kernel. Connect your device via Fastboot again. Using Flashtool click on lightning button then select Flashboot, select the Latest FTF you have then Exclude everything except KERNEL and FOTA. check the screenshot below. thanks for @anagramgenius for the screenshot. Then flash and Reboot your device! now your device is Rooted!

Screen shot:


I would like to thank all the people here in XDA for helping me out on this.

Credits:
@anagramgenius
@Crash338
@DooMLoRD for sources

I am afraid to use this method, coz last time when i used it after few days my cell got sudden death errors, by luck sony service centre has replaced my cell, before that i had rooted my xperia zl on android 4.1 with doomloard easy rootkit v18, well no doomlord easy rootkit is made for android 4.33 and 4.4, the developer should make, coz according to me it is safer, as compare to by editing framework by adding recovery mode to sony cells ! because many xperia zl got sudden death errors after that !
28th May 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #26  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinrobertson

I am afraid to use this method, coz last time when i used it after few days my cell got sudden death errors, by luck sony service centre has replaced my cell, before that i had rooted my xperia zl on android 4.1 with doomloard easy rootkit v18, well no doomlord easy rootkit is made for android 4.33 and 4.4, the developer should make, coz according to me it is safer, as compare to by editing framework by adding recovery mode to sony cells ! because many xperia zl got sudden death errors after that !

That's why we need to perform TA backup first just incase meteor strikes. You can also find a way here on how to fix bricked devices. 😀

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #27  
Junior Member
Flag Tunis
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikentoy

Hi Guys I would like to share what I've learn here in XDA on how to root our Xperia ZL running latest FW .230 (C6503) Kitkat.

Note:
This method might work on other C650X devices. Im using C6503

What you need:

Computer
Flashtool
Kitkat Firmware (you can get them here)
Kernel with Recovery (you can get that here in XDA. Im using .101 kernel with recovery here)
SuperSU (please look that up here in XDA)

Step 1:

Update to Kitkat (skip if you are already in Kitkat)

Step 2:
Copy SuperSU zip in you Internal Memory

Step 3:
Run Flashtool and connect your phone as Fastboot (switch off then connect phone while holding down the Volume Up key)

Step 4:
Using Fastboot press the lighning button then select Fastboot and select kernel to flash

Step 5:
Unplug Device then boot in to recovery. (after sony logo comes up keep pressing volume up key to enter in recovery mode). Select SuperSU.zip then flash. Once successfull switch off the device using the Recovery (power off device is normally located in advanced options).

Step 6:
Flash back stock kernel. Connect your device via Fastboot again. Using Flashtool click on lightning button then select Flashboot, select the Latest FTF you have then Exclude everything except KERNEL and FOTA. check the screenshot below. thanks for @anagramgenius for the screenshot. Then flash and Reboot your device! now your device is Rooted!

Screen shot:


I would like to thank all the people here in XDA for helping me out on this.

Credits:
@anagramgenius
@Crash338
@DooMLoRD for sources

it show me this message someone can help me thx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sans titre-1 copie.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	2771268  
30th May 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #28  
AndreIrawan97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denpasar
Thanks Meter: 51
 
454 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwari94

it show me this message someone can help me thx

Same problem like mine...
You must unlock your bootloader...

Well, i was trying to unlock my bootloader, it says failed, but i try it again it says success...
BUT, it stuck on bootloop...
So, no luck
30th May 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #29  
Senior Member
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 178
 
501 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwari94

it show me this message someone can help me thx

because the bootloader is locked.
you have to downgrade to a rootable firmware, root it, take a backup of TA partition.
upgrade to new firmware.
unlock bootloader
flash the kernel which has custom recovery. enter into recovery and flash supersu zip.
then flash back stock kernel. and relock bootloader.
never unlock bootloader without taking TA partition backup.

go through this thread for more info
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=12
Last edited by anagramgenius; 30th May 2014 at 07:44 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root xperia zl kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes