Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Kernel and Rom for Battery and Screen On Time(SOT)

OP Schyler67

30th May 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
More
[CENTER]I have created this thread to get peoples opinion on what they think the best kernel and rom combination is for battery life and screen on time. I would not consider this a thread to be created in the Q&A forums due to the fact I am strictly directing this at Sprint LS980 users, while in the Q&A forum it would be open for everyone. Yet here viewed mainly by LS980 users

I am currently on: Rom: Optimus DE v2.2
Kernel: Stock ZVA

Yes I know I am based on 4.2.2, I decided to give the rom and kernel a chance to see what battery life was like. I have just recently flashed it as of 20 minutes ago and I am hoping that the Stock ZV8 kernel gives me more battery life than Savoca's kernel that was built into the rom.
Overall a great rom stability and performance wise. With stock everything from the Optimus 2.2 rom I had around 4.5 hours of SOT. I did not let the kernel settle either I used it for one day so that may of effected my battery life

So what would you suggest for a kernel and rom setup for awesome battery life and screen on time?
This is solely to help Sprint G2 users with LS980.

***Please include kernel version and rom version also***
***Including Kernel settings and app used would also greatly be appreciated***[/
CENTER]

Lets help everyone achieve the amazing potential this phone has!

Thanks in advance!
30th May 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 50

87 posts
If everyone ran the same apps, had the same accounts with the same amount of updates (emails, facebook messages, etc...), same calls, messages, brightness level, same stuff turned on (nfc, etc..) Then you could somewhat accurately determine what the best setup is. There are too many factors that could affect battery life besides the rom and kernel. Battery life is ymmv. Threads like these sometimes get heated and nothing helpful really ever comes from them.

Keep your brightness down, use better battery stats to check for wakelocks, and Google to hunt down a fix if you have one.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Last edited by glenny buster; 30th May 2014 at 07:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to glenny buster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 106

645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry, OP. There is a thread for LS980 specific QA discussions. Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-g2/help
The Following User Says Thank You to Pat123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, lg g2, ls980, sprint
Previous Thread Next Thread