Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Yes an other noob questions

OP jaxter09

28th May 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Last edited by jaxter09; 2nd June 2014 at 08:27 PM.
28th May 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,071

1,111 posts
More
If your phone model isn't listed as an option, don't install that ROM. It will be the end of your phone. If you visit the Skyrocket Q&A forum and the dev forum for, well, any phone, there are loads of tutorials on how to flash safely. Please read them first and follow their instructions, along with the ROM instructions, or brick.

Unless you want to prove how 1337 you are. Then, by all means, install the ROM and prove us wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to T.J. Bender For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. Bender

If your phone model isn't listed as an option, don't install that ROM. It will be the end of your phone. If you visit the Skyrocket Q&A forum and the dev forum for, well, any phone, there are loads of tutorials on how to flash safely. Please read them first and follow their instructions, along with the ROM instructions, or brick.

Unless you want to prove how 1337 you are. Then, by all means, install the ROM and prove us wrong.

Yea definitely seems like a better idea to follow the instructions for the specif ROM. Any recommendations on one? not looking for anything fancy just wanna get rid of the stock one and because for some reason my phone is currently on version 2.3.5 and i am not being able to install anything from the marketplace. so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
28th May 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #4  

1,111 posts
More
Read the Skyrocket dev forum and decide for yourself. Recommending a ROM would be an insult to all the other devs who've put time, effort and sometimes money into designing their own.
28th May 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
im sorry i am just going nuts now with all the stuff ive been reading and i think i gotta take some steps back to make sure i got everything right.

i have clockworkmod 5. something and from what i was able to read i need the to update to the most resent version. So i found a copy of 6.0.4.5 but i am unsure on how to update it. Tried to put it in my sd and run it by booting into clockwormod recovery and installing the zip. it says it installed successfully but it is still in version 5.

Any help with the would be much appreciated
28th May 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #6  

1,111 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1773659
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2176593

Seriously, dude, they're at the top of the page in the Skyrocket Q&A forum. I know you're new and I'll avoid verbally thrashing you, but if you don't learn to search (or, at a bare minimum, read the stickies), you're going to hate it here.
30th May 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 452

719 posts
Smfh RULE #1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread