Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,828 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help SM-N9006

Tip us?

Hakan 3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help SM-N9006

Hi guys I have n9006 and its only have chinese and english lang I want to add more languages
Can I copy language files from any other note 3 firmware ?
I tried extract csc from n900 firmware and installed to n9006 and it not worked I copied n900's system/app and system/framework also didnt worked
What can I do please developers help me
just tell me what I should do without how can I do if its hard to tell the step

gabry25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan 3 View Post
Hi guys I have n9006 and its only have chinese and english lang I want to add more languages
Can I copy language files from any other note 3 firmware ?
I tried extract csc from n900 firmware and installed to n9006 and it not worked I copied n900's system/app and system/framework also didnt worked
What can I do please developers help me
just tell me what I should do without how can I do if its hard to tell the step
In order to add some languages i think u have to decompile both your framework-res and the one with the languages u want with apktool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2251719 and past the values-xx (with the abbreviation of your country e.g. it) directory to your framework. U have to repeat the whole operation for each system app without multilang support and for the others it'll be enough to use MoreLocale2. I advise u to use a mtk6589 (if it's your SoC) firmware to take the apps

satyajit17ms
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default roms for n9006

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabry25 View Post
In order to add some languages i think u have to decompile both your framework-res and the one with the languages u want with apktool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2251719 and past the values-xx (with the abbreviation of your country e.g. it) directory to your framework. U have to repeat the whole operation for each system app without multilang support and for the others it'll be enough to use MoreLocale2. I advise u to use a mtk6589 (if it's your SoC) firmware to take the apps
I found some roms specifically for n9006 but they are in chinese....will there be a option in settings to change the language ?

gabry25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyajit17ms View Post
I found some roms specifically for n9006 but they are in chinese....will there be a option in settings to change the language ?
It may be: generally the English language is always present. With the method I posted I don't know if the language will appear in settings but u can try. To switch to another language u have to go to settins, go down until u see an option with a key with an A or something similar. Instead change in the build.prop the string ro.product.locale.language=cn to =en (the languages may change)