No registration required

Dot View Case Help

OP deeznuts

30th May 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188

3,349 posts
More
Verizon store gave me the dot view case and really want to use it daily especially if mods are coming out but how the u use this thing? I can't figure out a one handed way to use it say for quick text message or what not.

Is it normal for phone lid to not sit flush? Seems cheaply made as I don't see how this is on purpose?

Any tips on how to use this thing one handed and how to get the lid to stay closed flush? First ever wallet style case to not sit flush, don't understand that.

30th May 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag Buxton
Thanks Meter: 1,846

2,802 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts

Verizon store gave me the dot view case and really want to use it daily especially if mods are coming out but how the u use this thing? I can't figure out a one handed way to use it say for quick text message or what not.

Is it normal for phone lid to not sit flush? Seems cheaply made as I don't see how this is on purpose?

Any tips on how to use this thing one handed and how to get the lid to stay closed flush? First ever wallet style case to not sit flush, don't understand that.

Looking at your photos I see you have a glass screen protector fitted which is the reason the cover will not close properly. Mine closed perfectly when I got it but now I have fitted a glass protector it is the same as yours so it is not a problem with the case.
30th May 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

3,349 posts
More
You're right. See that now. Would putting rubberbands around it holding it closed tight over night maybe help? Not sure with this rubber strap.
30th May 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #4  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,307

9,269 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts

You're right. See that now. Would putting rubberbands around it holding it closed tight over night maybe help? Not sure with this rubber strap.

I don't have a screen protector and the device never sat completely flush against the screen. To answer your original question, I couldn't figure out how to use it comfortably when needing to use it. Unless I am traveling I don't use the case.
30th May 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #5  
Flag Irvine, CA
Thanks Meter: 145

927 posts
Donate to Me
More
The only thing that I can set that will help out sit flush is if you use a dremmel to remove some of the material from that corner where it first contacts the gals screen protector. There is excess material there that is causing it not to be able to close

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
30th May 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

3,349 posts
More
Anyone know of a thin temeprrd glass screen protector with round edges on the sides instead of square? Maybe this will help. Mine is only .3mm thick I believe or less but square edges so raised.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread