Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dot View Case Help

Tip us?

deeznuts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Default Dot View Case Help

Verizon store gave me the dot view case and really want to use it daily especially if mods are coming out but how the u use this thing? I can't figure out a one handed way to use it say for quick text message or what not.

Is it normal for phone lid to not sit flush? Seems cheaply made as I don't see how this is on purpose?

Any tips on how to use this thing one handed and how to get the lid to stay closed flush? First ever wallet style case to not sit flush, don't understand that.

Device: Verizon HTC One (M8)
Current Rom: Stock

rider5512
Old
Thanks Meter 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts View Post
Verizon store gave me the dot view case and really want to use it daily especially if mods are coming out but how the u use this thing? I can't figure out a one handed way to use it say for quick text message or what not.

Is it normal for phone lid to not sit flush? Seems cheaply made as I don't see how this is on purpose?

Any tips on how to use this thing one handed and how to get the lid to stay closed flush? First ever wallet style case to not sit flush, don't understand that.
Looking at your photos I see you have a glass screen protector fitted which is the reason the cover will not close properly. Mine closed perfectly when I got it but now I have fitted a glass protector it is the same as yours so it is not a problem with the case.

some days you are the bug........ other days you are the windscreen !

ARHD 10.x/11.x Flashing Information

HTC One M8 (s-off)...... Rom: ARHD 11.1 (2.22.401.5)
Nexus 5................................... Rom: Stock KTU84P (4.4.4) rooted
Nexus 7 (2013)................... Rom: Stock KTU84P (4.4.4) rooted

deeznuts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
You're right. See that now. Would putting rubberbands around it holding it closed tight over night maybe help? Not sure with this rubber strap.

jlevy73
Old
Thanks Meter 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts View Post
You're right. See that now. Would putting rubberbands around it holding it closed tight over night maybe help? Not sure with this rubber strap.
I don't have a screen protector and the device never sat completely flush against the screen. To answer your original question, I couldn't figure out how to use it comfortably when needing to use it. Unless I am traveling I don't use the case.

syaoran68
Old
Thanks Meter 136

DONATE TO ME
The only thing that I can set that will help out sit flush is if you use a dremmel to remove some of the material from that corner where it first contacts the gals screen protector. There is excess material there that is causing it not to be able to close

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
HTC One m8: Viper.always.

Nexus7 8gb: CMX.1 nightlies

Retired: HTC One M7/HTC Evo 4g LTE / HTC MyTouch4G / Apple Iphone 3g 16gb / Blackberry Tour 9600 / HTC Mogul(6800) / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Touch Pro2

deeznuts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Anyone know of a thin temeprrd glass screen protector with round edges on the sides instead of square? Maybe this will help. Mine is only .3mm thick I believe or less but square edges so raised.