Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] GT-I9505 stuck in odin mode after failed downgrade

Tip us?
 
ryanloke1988
Old
(Last edited by ryanloke1988; 29th May 2014 at 10:04 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Default [Q] [Help] GT-I9505 stuck in odin mode after failed downgrade

Hi all.

I was trying to downgrade my GT-I9505 to 4.2.2 jellybean using Odin. This is the complete list of messages on Odin:

<ID:0/016> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9505XXUDMH6_I9505OLBDMG1_I9505DXUDMH6_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/016> Odin v.3 engine (ID:16)..
<ID:0/016> File analysis..
<ID:0/016> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/016> Initialzation..
<ID:0/016> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/016> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/016> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/016> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/016> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/016> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/016> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/016> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/016> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/016>
<ID:0/016> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Now my phone is stuck in Odin mode with the message: "Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue. Please... recovery mode in Kies."

I'm using the September version of 4.2.2 firmware for Singapore downloaded from Sammobile (I cannot attach links as I'm new here)

Tried different USB ports, 2 different cables.. Just haven't tried on a different machine. Not sure if it's an issue with the firmware or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
 
Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 29th May 2014 at 11:56 AM.)
#2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 547
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
You can't downgrade from 4.3 or 4.4.2 to android 4.2.2. Million of threads opened before yours. Pls use the search button

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
ryanloke1988
Old
(Last edited by ryanloke1988; 29th May 2014 at 10:35 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
When you say "before", does it mean the stock firmware my phone came with? My phone came with 4.2 i believe, and I upgraded subsequently to 4.4.2.. Does it make any difference?

In any case, if I download 4.4.2 from sammobile and flash with odin again, it should probably be ok?
 
aspot72
Old
#4  
aspot72's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 399
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Anywhere with GSM signal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanloke1988 View Post
Hi all.

I was trying to downgrade my GT-I9505 to 4.2.2 jellybean using Odin. This is the complete list of messages on Odin:

<ID:0/016> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9505XXUDMH6_I9505OLBDMG1_I9505DXUDMH6_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/016> Odin v.3 engine (ID:16)..
<ID:0/016> File analysis..
<ID:0/016> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/016> Initialzation..
<ID:0/016> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/016> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/016> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/016> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/016> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/016> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/016> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/016> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/016> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/016>
<ID:0/016> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Now my phone is stuck in Odin mode with the message: "Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue. Please... recovery mode in Kies."

I'm using the September version of 4.2.2 firmware for Singapore downloaded from Sammobile (I cannot attach links as I'm new here)

Tried different USB ports, 2 different cables.. Just haven't tried on a different machine. Not sure if it's an issue with the firmware or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Open KIES plug your phone in and choose "Emergency Recovery" option. It helped me in the past with similar issue.
ATTENTION: Thanks to Htc_One_X I lost 150. Received money but since then never replied! Beware, he's a FRAUDSTER!!!
Current Devices : S4 GT-I9505 Black Edition
Past devices :Xperia SP C5303,Moto G,S3 LTE,S4 Mini, Note 2,HTC One (M7),GALAXY S III, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.


Can't figure out why is Android better...
 
Joku1981
Old
#5  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 547
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanloke1988 View Post
When you say "before", does it mean the stock firmware my phone came with? My phone came with 4.2 i believe, and I upgraded subsequently to 4.4.2.. Does it make any difference?

In any case, if I download 4.4.2 from sammobile and flash with odin again, it should probably be ok?
1. You void ur warranty trying to downgrade (KNOX: 0x1 in bootloader).
2. Your phone came with android 4.2.2.
3. Your phone will be ok if you update your phone to 4.4.2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
ryanloke1988
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Ah thanks! got my s4 back working again.

Anyway.. my bootloader actually shows the following:

KNOX KERNAL 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB 0X30

Seems like my warranty is still intact aye..?
 
Joku1981
Old
#7  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 547
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanloke1988 View Post
Ah thanks! got my s4 back working again.

Anyway.. my bootloader actually shows the following:

KNOX KERNAL 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB 0X30

Seems like my warranty is still intact aye..?
Yep, you are lucky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
aspot72
Old
#8  
aspot72's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 399
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Anywhere with GSM signal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanloke1988 View Post
Ah thanks! got my s4 back working again.

Anyway.. my bootloader actually shows the following:

KNOX KERNAL 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB 0X30

Seems like my warranty is still intact aye..?
So how did you manage that???
ATTENTION: Thanks to Htc_One_X I lost 150. Received money but since then never replied! Beware, he's a FRAUDSTER!!!
Current Devices : S4 GT-I9505 Black Edition
Past devices :Xperia SP C5303,Moto G,S3 LTE,S4 Mini, Note 2,HTC One (M7),GALAXY S III, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.


Can't figure out why is Android better...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Forums Added for the Nvidia Shield Tablet and Sharp Aquos Crystal

Just a few days ago, wetook an in depth look at theNvidia Shield Tabletand … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.3 Lands on European HTC One M7

The secound release of the Android L Developer Previewmay be the new hotness for … more

Take a Perfectly Stable Shot with Open Camera

The camera app on our Android smartphones and tablets isn’t something we focus on all … more

Motorola Droid X Receives Almost Fully Functional KitKat Port

While we are all wondering when Google will decide to officially release … more