Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tweak Home Button Settings

Tip us?

kevintstephens
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Question [Q] Tweak Home Button Settings

I have searched everywhere that I can and can't seem to find the solution I'm looking for.

Basically what I want to do is remap the home button. Normally, when double-pressed S-Voice will launch, and when long-pressed the recent apps panel will open. What I want to do is switch those (and use Google Now instead). So what I mean is that I want double-pressing the home button to bring up the recent apps panel and I want long-pressing the home button to bring up the search app Google Now).

I found that the Wanam Xposed module allows me to remap the long-press action to launch Google Now, which gets me halfway there. But I still need something that will open the recent apps panel when I double-press the home button.

I have tried the Home2 app in the Play Store, but I don't like the way it works. I was hoping for something that is more built-in and integrated, if you know what I mean.

Thank you for your help!

clouds5
Old
Thanks Meter 344
I'm using Samsung devices since about 2 years and since that time I'm looking for something that can do this. Haven't found anything so far, do I would love to see a solution for this!

In the meantime gestures do a fine job though. I rarely ever use my home button.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted

kevintstephens
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
BUMP
Anyone know of a solution?