Galaxy Note 3 Lollipop Leak, Failed Find 5 Update – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been leaked! That and … more

Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

!MicroP(LED) error

OP ottobald

22nd May 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Have here a HT mini (PB92100) SPL-1.07.0000 with error code "!MicroP(LED) error(0x00)! Expected(0x1B)"

When I start the phone normal the HTC logo appears on a white screen. This lasts for about 1 minute. After that the display goes black (screen still on in dark grey) for about 10seconds. Then the WM 6.5 start screen appears(preparing for first use). The bar on buttom of the screen runs until 100%. It lasts in this state until the battery is empty and shut down.

What I have done so far: Hard reset (vol+ und vol- pressed and switched on). No success. Starting in bootloader mode and tried to connect to PC: no connection. Prepared SD-card (2 gig-SD) with latest rom "HTC HD Mini_RUU_Photon_HTC_GER_1.36.407.1_Radio_Signed_32 .2803.05.06_0.63.05.36_Ship.exe" and started in bootloader mode (vol- and power) - nosuccess.

After some tries I got the unit running for a short while (HTC logo with desire.... and sound, windows started up - but extremly slow.
Also with the PC connection I had a ping and win7 tried to install a driver for the phone but didn't find one.

One remark: There is a small spot broken from the glass of the touch screen right bottom side. But the display is absolutely fault free. Could this be the reason for the "!MicroP(LED) error 0x00"? Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI2655.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	2756927   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI2653.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	2756928   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI2652.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	2756929  
23rd May 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 450

704 posts
I wish I could help you, but I'm not sure what caused this.
Have you tried other WM ROMs that made for your phone officially?

and when did that error happen? after broken?
24th May 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
humidity issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPlasm

I wish I could help you, but I'm not sure what caused this.
Have you tried other WM ROMs that made for your phone officially?

and when did that error happen? after broken?

Meanwhile I have solved partly the problem. WM6.5 starts and all the menues work so far. Problem was that the phone fell into water and hasn't been dry enough before switching on again. So I disassemled the phone, took out the main board and found some dirty spots around the battery contacts and even around some connectors. Cleaned all this and the phone starts now in windows. Touch screen works, display is ok. Sound comes out of the speaker and the camera works too.
After I reassembled I found some further issues: vol+ button doesnt work. Even WiFi doesnt work. Only very very close to the router I get 1 bar for WiFi. I still can not boot in the bootloader - maybe a problem of the not working vol+ button. Tried to remove the second board but wasn't successful. Do I have to remove the screen to remove the screws for this second board? Any help?
Last edited by ottobald; 24th May 2014 at 06:15 PM. Reason: spelling
24th May 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #4  

704 posts
This may help you:
http://erkinson.altervista.org/en/ht...re-prossimita/

remember at your risk!
27th May 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
WiFi
Quote:

This may help you:
[/url]

remember at your risk!

Thanks again for the help. I managed to lift the second board a little bit and found nothing what caused the remaining malfunction. Then I opend the shielded boxes on the mainboard and cleand inside two additional spots which ware a result of the dryed water drops inside this boxes.
Now the unit runs as expected. vol+ and vol- works, !MicroP(LED) error has gone, and wm m5.6 runs like a scharm. But one thing is left: WiFi doesnt work properly. Still only 1 bar of the WiFi router. Even direct beside the router. Does anybody has a hint regarding the Wifi?
There is a blue and a grey coaxial line between the 2 boards. Assume the wifi chip is on the mainboard and the antennas on the second board with the keys. Which one of the coaxial lines is for Wifi? The gey or the blue one?
27th May 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #6  

704 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottobald

Thanks again for the help. I managed to lift the second board a little bit and found nothing what caused the remaining malfunction. Then I opend the shielded boxes on the mainboard and cleand inside two additional spots which ware a result of the dryed water drops inside this boxes.
Now the unit runs as expected. vol+ and vol- works, !MicroP(LED) error has gone, and wm m5.6 runs like a scharm. But one thing is left: WiFi doesnt work properly. Still only 1 bar of the WiFi router. Even direct beside the router. Does anybody has a hint regarding the Wifi?
There is a blue and a grey coaxial line between the 2 boards. Assume the wifi chip is on the mainboard and the antennas on the second board with the keys. Which one of the coaxial lines is for Wifi? The gey or the blue one?

I'm not good at hardware for htc hd mini, and the developers or whatever called are gone here! nobody left, so all you can do is at your risk or you should ask the others from your friends or there can be something that grey or blue is line for wifi, from my laptop's wifi were grey color, maybe this should be grey too. blue are usually for connection line cable, and for wifi and antenna or satellites were grey colors.
30th May 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:

I'm not good at hardware for htc hd mini, and the developers or whatever called are gone here! nobody left, so all you can do is at your risk or you should ask the others from your friends or there can be something that grey or blue is line for wifi, from my laptop's wifi were grey color, maybe this should be grey too. blue are usually for connection line cable, and for wifi and antenna or satellites were grey colors.

Thanks again!
Simple solution for this WiFi issue: Didn't reassemble the back cover of the second board. Back cover has all the antennas integrated. So after reassemble of the back covers the unit runs perfectly.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread