Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4 in UK, ready to be closed when the forum gods see it.

Tip us?

Philbr58
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] 4.4 in UK, ready to be closed when the forum gods see it.

Touchy bunch aren't you? Anyone care to point us in the direction of some useful information?

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4145
Like what? 4.4 hasn't been released for the UK. In fact, it's only been released in less than a dozen region's. No one here knows when a specific region will receive it, why the regions that got it first were chosen, or anything else to do with Samsung's update logic and reasoning. If you have a 600/601 you can flash another region's ROM right now. You'll be able to do the same thing with a 605 as soon as the NEE update that came out yesterday is posted on Samfirmware or Samsung-updates. There are tons of posts discussing how to flash another region's ROM and the implications. If you're interested, invest the time in finding them. Or, you can just wait for the UK update to be pushed along with other folks whose regions haven't received the update yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Philbr58
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Like what? 4.4 hasn't been released for the UK. In fact, it's only been released in less than a dozen region's. No one here knows when a specific region will receive it, why the regions that got it first were chosen, or anything else to do with Samsung's update logic and reasoning. If you have a 600/601 you can flash another region's ROM right now. You'll be able to do the same thing with a 605 as soon as the NEE update that came out yesterday is posted on Samfirmware or Samsung-updates. There are tons of posts discussing how to flash another region's ROM and the implications. If you're interested, invest the time in finding them. Or, you can just wait for the UK update to be pushed along with other folks whose regions haven't received the update yet.
Thanks. That was helpful.

Woody
Old
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Thanks Meter 8773
[Q] 4.4 in UK, ready to be closed when the forum gods see it.

So let it be written.....So let it be done.

As already stated here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
There are already enough thread for this matter.
Thank you and thread closed.
Please don't open more redundant threads. KK will come to your device with it comes to your device. Unless you work for Samsung, it is only speculation at this point.

And as you have said, I have Seen it and now I will Close it.

Thread Closed
<a href=http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif</a>
ZFFZ

I GPL I

"The work of men of genius, however wrongly directed, hardly ever fails to open the eyes of men to new possibilities."
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe