Ask a question

No registration required

battery life, best rom/kernel

OP metalblaster

27th May 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

224 posts
My battery life has been horrible lately, im wondering what is considered the best 4.4.2 rom in terms of battery life, and if theres a potentially good kernel to go along with it. Currently im using slimkat and its better then the CM nightly i was on before but still doesnt last an entire day. I know the battery is probably just getting old, i just want to try to squeeze what i can out of it until i have to replace it. THanks.
27th May 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,770

3,396 posts
More
Go with Wicked 6.5 IMHO. It's debloated, looks pretty and has tweaks to save on battery already. And the kernel than comes with it is the best available kernel, too: Ktoonsez' KT747 for TouchWiz 4.4.2.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
30th May 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,030

10,315 posts
More
Although I agree with roirraW "edor" ehT suggestion. I would also like to state that the question you pose is subjective at best. Without knowing exactly how you use your device it is difficult to give you a combination that will perform the way you want it to. There are many variables involved in choosing a Rom / Kernel combination. Questions such as , but not limited to : heavy user - light user - power user - do you want just performance - do you lean more towards all out battery life - is lag not an issue - do you have a lot of apps - etc. These are just some of the questions that must be taken into account when choosing a combination for yourself. So it is best to experiment with various combinations until you find the one that is best for you, and how you use your device.
Also it is best to always make a Nandroid Backup when going through the process. That way you will almost always have a safety net .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

42 posts
Im also using Wicked 6.5 and I flashed the stock theme back to it because I dont like cartoon looking stuff lol. But the battery life seems pretty good to me especially just sitting and not being used it drops to under 2% an hour so far which is important to me so I have the phone with some battery left when I actually want to use it. Its also got a pretty good kernel with it and Im using Ktoonservative
The Following User Says Thank You to DigiPimp75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread