MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] m8_whl can't flash cm11

28th May 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
I have the HTC M8 from sprint. I just finished rooting it and when I went to flash the new nightly (20140527) using TRWP, it showed this:

Did I do something wrong? If there's some way to add "m8_whl" to the list of devices, please let me know.
28th May 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,680

4,307 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikuseru

I have the HTC M8 from sprint. I just finished rooting it and when I went to flash the new nightly (20140527) using TRWP, it showed this:

Did I do something wrong? If there's some way to add "m8_whl" to the list of devices, please let me know.

Usually I would get that message in the case of a bad download.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
28th May 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
More
I tried redownloading it multiple times to no avail. It just refuses to install because ...
Quote:

This package is for "m8,m8wl,m8wlv,m8vzw,m8whl,m8spr" devices; this is a "m8_whl"

... which makes no sense because I got my m8 from Sprint. Doesn't this mean that the device should be an "m8spr"?
28th May 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bloomsdale
Thanks Meter: 363

699 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try using @Captain_Throwback recovery

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th May 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #5  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,584

10,825 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried redownloading it multiple times to no avail. It just refuses to install because ...

... which makes no sense because I got my m8 from Sprint. Doesn't this mean that the device should be an "m8spr"?

Just open the updater-script in the zip file and add m8_whl to the assert line at the top.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

Just open the updater-script in the zip file and add m8_whl to the assert line at the top.

It works!
Will I have to add this line every time there's a new update, or can it be added to the official nightlies?

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. My device was rebooting relentlessly. It would show the "Welcome to CM" screen, then google things would crash, rinse, repeat all in about 10 seconds. Then it went to just showing the boot animation. I managed to turn it off using pwr&vol+, but it somehow encrypted itself. Spooky.

Edit 2 (The return of edit): I forgot to wipe /data. No more crashing now, though my question about the updater-script above still stands.
Last edited by pikuseru; 29th May 2014 at 12:58 AM.
30th May 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 201

355 posts
Quote:

It works!
Will I have to add this line every time there's a new update, or can it be added to the official nightlies?

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. My device was rebooting relentlessly. It would show the "Welcome to CM" screen, then google things would crash, rinse, repeat all in about 10 seconds. Then it went to just showing the boot animation. I managed to turn it off using pwr&vol+, but it somehow encrypted itself. Spooky.

Edit 2 (The return of edit): I forgot to wipe /data. No more crashing now, though my question about the updater-script above still stands.

If its not in there, yes. If its in there, no.

Sent from my Sprint M8 Running the latest Viper
30th May 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #8  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 38

152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOuser94

Try using @Captain_Throwback recovery

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This is the best thing to do OP. Always trust the Cap'n and his code^^ =)

At least, fixed a similar issue I had while using something other than Captain_Throwback's TWRP for the M8....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread