Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

[Q] cannot flash ROMs, Recovery or official firmware on GT-P5100!!

OP LuCeiFeR

19th May 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuCeiFeR

Guys, I'm little bit stuck here. My GT suddenly started to reboot after 3 minutes from it's start. I tried to factory reset and clean install of several roms, but the problem is whenever I flash any rom without any errors I got the old rom functioning, I tried to flash a new version of CWM recovery with the same result. Tried TWRP and Phillz with the same. When flashing tried Odin and sideload. I can\t use internal memory as I can\t stop my tab from rebooting. Tried to flash original firmware with Odin 1.85, it completes successfully but when it reboots I got the old ROM functioning with the same frequent reboot.

Tried to flash PIT file as I doubt data partition is not accessible, with official firmware but I got CM as usual.

Recovery log shows that /emmc can not be mounted. It maybe the problem

All processes complete successfully with no errors, but I got the old ROM functioning as if I was doing nothing. Can you guys help me with that?

ROM: CyanogenMod cm 10.1.3 with android version 4.2.2
kernel 3.0.31-CM-gac1803e
Recovery: CWM 6.0.2.7

This is exactly what happen to me now...

I'm just put my tab away about 4 days ago... then it started reboot

It's PASSED when using odin 1.85 / 1.87... but FAILED when using odin 3.XX to flash firmware...

I've tried wipe cache/data... and flash CWM.. Philz... even PIT.... nothing change...

I'm considering to bring my tab to the service center....
27th May 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

41 posts
It is the mainboard guys, it should be replaced. Done flashing and playing around with my GT
29th May 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #13  

9 posts
Hi LuCeiFeR

Thanks for the information. Are you going to get the mainboard replaced? I can immagine that buying a new tablet is nearly as expensive.
Is the breakdown of the mainbord the result of flashing by the way?

I think I can conclude that my GT is broken also. Pitty
30th May 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

41 posts
I recommend that you get your GT to the nearest service centre to lookup for more solutions as I doubt it is the mainboard. I brought my GT to a service centre and they concluded that it is the mainboard. I think more it is the emmc part which should be replaced, not the whole mainboard. In response to your question, we accepted the fact that we can brick our devices the moment we decided to play around with official firmwares. This too is not wrong. But I think that the Tab 2 was not ready enough neither equipped with the right parts to handle kitkat and later versions. I,m saying that despite the fact that I have 2 GT-P5100 which I got barely at the same time. One got bricked and the other functioning well with TWRP. That leads to the weired mix of CWM 6.0.2 and cm 10. I will do more researches and will post here. Good luck.
30th May 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #15  

4 posts
I have the same problem to. But I have a P3100 and never rooted and stock rom. Can't flash only get fail in odin. Factory recover I ger error when I boot in to that. Only to get it to a service centre? Trying to put some pictures on it.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401490040075.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	2771939Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401490070134.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	2771940

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread