Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 51,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installing Firmware on LG Optimus F3

Tip us?

LGOptimusF3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Installing Firmware on LG Optimus F3

Hello everybody, I'm definitely a newbie with Android. Today, I looked online for overclocking my LG Optimus F3, and I found this thread "[MS659][F3] Freedom Kernel Overclocked" (I'm a newbie xda won't let me post links yet). It said you could achieve a 1.4 GHz overclock (my device has a 1.2 GHz processor). So, dummy me, I got all excited and flashed the MS65910c firmware to my phone like the thread said I needed to have (I didn't know that that would switch my service providers as I had Virgin Mobile). So, I'm a little confused still... Can I still have Virgin Mobile service with MetroPCS firmware? If not, I want to restore my device back to Virgin Mobile firmware (LS720ZV6). The problem is, I am also a little confused with the flashing firmware thing. Can I flash .zip files instead of .kdz files (I couldn't find LS720ZV6 .kdz firmware files on the web)?

Someone please help!

Thanks

ShinySide
Old
Thanks Meter 1522
@sammyz would be your best bet for help on metro lgs
Donations Accepted here

Don't change your wants or where you want to be just because the other has.

rudrapratap03
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt .ZIP will work

Yes. I too have tested this. And in majority I use *.Zip file to flash in my mobile. I have completed the task successfully. Till now no problem has been experienced. Instead I will too suggest you to use this type of file.

sammyz
Old
Thanks Meter 87
@ShinySide stop referring friends and start referring links: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=779320
That link is for you @LGOptimusF3

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk